Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

"Somethings brewing , that's quite plain.

The witches couldron's boiling again"

Can't quite remember the rest but it was something like

"Paulus the little gnome, take care, take care, she's out to get you , she's out out get you, she's out to get, beware !! "

"Let's take a holiday, there's a little wood where we can stay/Paulus, the little wood gnome welcomes you to his home/There's ?? and ??, Koo-Roo and the bears/Snap, Gristle and Gregory too/They're waiting all for you/Something's brewing, that's quite plain/The witches cauldron's boiling again/Paulus, you'd better take care/She's out to get you/She's up to get you/She's out to get you, beware!"

All credit to Google

Shipstones Horses

Buy a Sandersons pie, lift up a corner of the pastry........................there you go, you were wrong, they are still around ................. :biggrin:

Which reminds me of shopping for gravy powder a few months back , I was looking for Beardalls but Morrisons don't seem to do it any more, as we scanned the shelves SWMBO came out with the classic line "Ah Bisto!! "

She said it genuinely not realising she'd said their umpteen year old advertising slogan !!

Beefsteak, am reminded of the early 'Ah Bisto' signs where the two are smelling the aroma of the gravy whenever I look at our current and hopefully soon to be removed Prime Minister. Gillard has the same long pointed nose, rat features, same styled red hair and a stuck up attitude as the figure in green in the advertising pictures, particularly the later ones!!!!!!!!!!

mick2me...Tried for some time to put a picture on here but was not allowed : - You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

pod Peas, used to love shelling them for me mum when i was a kid, went to Bulwell Marked today and didnt see any

Yes Kat & Kev :)

Those big Rubber things you used to drive over to change the traffic lights.

If they didn't change you had to reverse back over them a few times.

Pod peas are out of season Carltongal. Try again in July.

Seen yesterday in Northwest Sutherland:

Toad in the road:

IMG_3894.JPG?gl=GB

Beware of ROADHOGS:

IMG_3906.JPG?gl=GB

Western Boulevard Whitemoor is a trunk road, or was, as I had to get permission off some gov department for such to have dropped kerb, (another thing you don't see altered these days, superseded by house bricks or old railway sleeper in the gutter)