Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

There used to be a Christmas special Liquorice pack containing Liquorice fags, pipes, cigars etc...

Worrabaht them liquorice "Catherine wheels" wi a lirrul round sweetie in the middul.

The round sweetie was my least favourite of the Liquorice Allsorts, a 'beady' sweetie either in blue or pink. It's my hubby's favourite though, so things even out!

I remember them knocking on doors asking to sharpen your knives etc. We have a knife man come to our monthly farmer's market, I took my blunt veggie knife, you could have rode bare arsed to London on it, as my mam would say. He sharpened it for me and don't you know, the first time I used it I sliced me thumb open, LOL.

• Upvote 1

My Dad had a (and dont laugh) a small grinder,which he tried to sharpen our knives with,my mam always got on to him after saying "you could ride bare arsed on em," we dint have same mam did we katyjay :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

I once sent a telegram to a girlfriend who lived in Southend-on-Sea. It read: "Arriving in 1 min P". When the telegram boy had delivered it I waited 1 minute and knocked on the door. A good laugh was had too!

Sensibly dressed pregnant girls is it?! I saw one the other week in Portugal wearing tight slacks and a short T shirt showing her 7monthish pregnant belly to all.

Also in the days before fridges we had a meat safe to put fresh food in. Just a cupboard with a fine wire mesh on the front. It obviously didn't preserve the food like a fridge, but it was somewhere to put it that would stop flies getting to it.

Don't know about the U.K., but here you can easily buy button fly Levi jeans! Some people swear by them, others at them!