Things you don't see anymore

Those bright green, yellow or blue socks, almost luminescent, that we used to wear with our drainpipes and brothel creepers/winklepickers/chiseltoes.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

Beer at home means Davenports, thats the beer full of cheer, finest hops and malt and yeast turn a snack into a feast, straight from brewery to your home, why collect we'll deliver, then you hear the folks all say "Beer at home means Davenports" Or summert like that anyway :-0

We had a Davenports pub in Loughborough(The Warwick Arms) some years ago it closed after another brewery took it over it's been an Indian restaurant for some years but is about to become Loughborough's third MacDonald's

Student food? Our boys went to Loughbough Uni. We bought a house in the town when the eldest one started there and kept it for 9 or 10 years. We spent a fair amount of time in Loughborough during the summer, re-furnishing and general maintenance on the house. What we did notice was that the town centre was pretty dead during the summer, bit like Lenton and Beeston maybe?

Those bright green, yellow or blue socks, almost luminescent, that we used to wear with our drainpipes and brothel creepers/winklepickers/chiseltoes.

Trevor, I think you mean yellow, green and PINK dayglo socks. Remember them well, I bet Chulla does too!

• Upvote 1

in the 80/90 those socks came back in fastion brought my lads my younger son lee loved them but never wore two of the same colour one yellow one blue one orange one pink ect.

bazza just today i saw a pop man on the back of his opened sided van on the back it said the pop man the tradisional way saw it in hyson green followed it radford rd

Hills bronchial balsam

Owbridges cough syrup

Scots emulsion (war time thing)

milk supplied free 1/3 pint at school

somebodys wonderwool for aches and pains

Bazza the war baby