Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

"Hotel staff came into work this morning still shaken by the tragedy. Back at work as usual was the hero of the fire slightly-built Gerard Sayer, the 18 year old hall porter and lift boy.
Gerard took his lift up to the third floor through smoke and choking fumes and tried to save two elderly guests. He was rescued himself by ladder.
Gerard of Upper Shoreham Road Shoreham, said this morning " I didn't really think about the risk at the time, I had the lift and I used it."

Skyride007_zps06ce6960.jpg

Sinclair C5, recumbent trike (sort of) with electric assist motor fitted, spotted on the Leicester sky ride a couple of years ago

Rog

A certain GPO General Postmaster on hearing of the invention of the telephone said: "We won't need that in Britain, we have plenty of messenger boys"

BSA Bantam,telegram boys motor cycle, always a worry when they turned up at your house,usually meant bad news

Rog

On the other hand.....They could be used for jolly purposes. I used to send a telegram to my girlfriend in Southend, telling her that I would be arriving at her house in 1 minute, thus giving the telegram boy chance to depart before I arrived on the doorstep.

:)

Supposedly Spike Milligan would send telegrams to his wife informing her what he wanted for his lunch, even though he was in the same house at the same time but he had locked himself away in his study writing material

pieinface

And very many in their 30s,40s and 50s,must be a good business to be in nowadays,think someone on here could tell us more!

You don't seem to see many young adults or teenagers these days that don't have either piercings or tattoos

Young adults?

I'm 65 and I still wear a pair of gold ear rings. ;)

I'm 67 this year and haven't had any ear rings or tattoos.... Plenty of scars though.