Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

We all still "spend a penny" but at least we don't have to make sure we always have a penny in the pocket....just in case....

penny_zps448695ee.png

i have one of those in my little museum but the money box cover is missing........ I like the selfie :)

I remember a few years ago when the BSE scare was on the government banned ox tail.

You could still get it if you asked the right butcher. ;)

I used to work in a veterinary post mortem room - so I could always get ox tail! :)

I've been trying to get hold of one of those for many years now. I currently use a hand pump but an electric one would be much better.

• Upvote 1

I've been trying to get hold of one of those for many years now. I currently use a hand pump but an electric one would be much better.

If I find one I'll help you fit it and then we can test it to see if it works. We'd have to test it number of times to make sure we got a true measured half each time!

Sawdust in butchers,grease on the floor,whitewash prices on windows,

White wash cellars,electric sockets hanging off the wall with a shock.

Good old Limewash and rogue electricity. I once limewashed a cellar, which had old round pin sockets all over the place. A good loaded brush full of limewash soon ran into one of those sockets attached to top of door frame and my hair stood on end as a powerful 240 volts gave my heart a kick start, it didn't really need..

• Upvote 1

Agreed.They were ex-jukebox records because the spindles in jukeboxes were not the same as those in normal record players.

I bought loads of such singles from Selectadisc on Arkwright Street, and a stall on the old Central Market.

We used to buy the ex -Juke Box Singles with the middle missing years ago. I still have a box full upstairs. We were told they had lost thier value because of this. Does anyone know if this is true?