Things you don't see anymore

only just jumped into this topic so if someone else has already mentioned this sorry!does anyone remember green shield stamps.....smiths crisps with a little blue sachet of salt inside!!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

Girls sandals with the top part over the toes cut off to save buying another pair immediately when they were too small

• Upvote 1

only just jumped into this topic so if someone else has already mentioned this sorry!does anyone remember green shield stamps.....smiths crisps with a little blue sachet of salt inside!!

Thought you was still collecting em, haven't seen yer on nostalgia for a while Enjoy yer smiths

• Upvote 2

Some interesting photographs of times and people gone by............................

http://www.slideshare.net/fullscreen/domipjc/old-photos-rares-11750509/12

The look on Sophia Lorens' face in Photo #30 is priceless!

• Upvote 1

#2212 there used to be one like on main st long eaton near monkey park I think it was in the wall off tinklers cottage

Thought you was still collecting em, haven't seen yer on nostalgia for a while Enjoy yer smiths

I can remember them and the orange stamps which were on Brook Bond Tea in the 1950's..

• Upvote 1

i remember newspaper cut into squares ...outside loos and outside tin bath

We had an outside loo with newspaper and a tin bath hanging outside the back door for years.........then the landlord modernised us and we eventually had a bathroom and the outside loo was pulled down..........back in the 1950/60s......

• Upvote 1

DSCF4159_zpse5fba7d2.jpg

in response to Karlton's post number 2010

Rog

My grandad used to take Bile Beans....

Beecham's pills, cannot remember what they were for and setlitz powders for upset stomachs also Andrew's Liver salts, for when you were out of sorts...........

Not forgetting the Fennings which was suppose to cure everything, my mother kept it at the top od the cupboard, if you complained of feeling ill and wanted to stay of school out came the bottle and you were at the school gates before the top was off, was vile stuff............

Andrews Liver Salts - lovely stuff. I actually liked the taste and remember mixing some even when I didn't need it!!

• Upvote 1

Cigarette gift coupons, got a few things off Players No6 catalogue.

• 2 weeks later...

Sonatogen tonic wine