Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

#2403 TBI did your airfix aeroplane kits have opaque canopies like mine ,caused by too much glue?

• Upvote 2

Thanks Cliff, I thought Pelham St rang a bell. I did know the Drury Hill one too. I usually went to Central Market kiosk when I went with my mam on Saturdays. I also just found out they took a stall at the Goose Fair and now I seem to remember that too.

Yes swe, they did to begin with and a lot of the joints were pretty iffy also. I started doing Airfix kits when I was about six and was a bit slap-handed with the glue to start. After I found the trick of applying it with the end of a cocktail stick or a tiny paintbrush, I got pretty accomplished. Over the years I had all the aircraft, tanks, you name it. The aircraft hanging from my bedroom ceiling with fishing line. I was still doing kits until I was about sixteen, but mainly Tamiya motorcyles and American cars by then. I'm pretty handy and practical and I've always put that down to my early model-making training. :)

Fyfe Robertson.

Collars and studs. I still had to wear them as part of my uniform in the RAF as late as 1973 when I left.

TV valve changing men. When the telly broke, as it did on a regular basis, a man used to come around and change a few valves to get it working again.

Perv !!!!!!!

Nice though. Best fashions ever, late 60,s early 70,s.

• Upvote 2

That's just reminded me...... Dolly Mixtures !!!!!

• Upvote 1