Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

I was just reminiscing about Sweets that we used to sell in our shop in the 1970s, that you don't see now. I looked up Weekend Chocolates, and found this list of a few Chocolates that I had forgotton about.http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/features/history/articles/11110530.10_lost_chocolate_classics___which_do_you_miss_most_/

• Upvote 1

#2745 :No matter how hard I tried, I could never get rid of the moss that grew on the woodwork of my Morris Traveller. Great car was that - never needed to unlock the door....just lift it and pull it off the latch. In winter it would always start provided that I used the starting handle and not the battery.

Something you don't hear, nowadays, but I think it does happen occasionally. A radio emergency message on the lines of: Will Mr and Mrs xxx, believed travelling in North Yorkshire, please contact such-and-such hospital.

I have posted this picture before but we have some new members since that time. So, does anyone but me remember these self-lighting fags? They have a strip of safety matchbox style stuff on the side of the packet and you just take out a fag and strike it on the pack.

IMG_5960.JPG

Dinnefords Gripe Water