Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

#2759. I used to LOVE Dinnefords Gripewater when my kids were babies. The eldest especially used to get very bad colic and so I gave it to him, and because I was a bit frazzled with all his screaming I used to have several teaspoons myself cos it tasted so nice!

• Upvote 5

It wasn't funny! His colic just didn't respond to all the usual comforting things like cuddling, back rubbing, walking up and down holding him, singing, etc I remember feeling quite desperate at times and even crying because I felt I was no good as a mum! The colic used to start about 4pm and carried on for about 3 or 4 hours on and off, but stopped when he was a few months old. I don't think the Dinnefords helped him much - it was just that I had to do SOMETHING. IT did taste good though...

• Upvote 2

Tramps "Nubbing"; picking up nub ends to re-roll into new fags.

People without a hankie.... Why do they have to keep sniffing up, clearing their throat, then spitting on the floor.... Absolutely disgusting.

I'm never without a clean hankie.

• Upvote 2

Quite right fly2,........one in top pocket.............and one in trouser pocket.

• Upvote 1

Always be prepared !!!!!

Only for your nose I hope Rog !!!!

• Upvote 1

I can remember taking Yeast Vite years ago as a pick me up........

The Indians (In India) have a trick for clearing the nose. They never use hankies but pinch one nostril and blow down the other very hard and sharp. Repeat for second nostril.

Do kids still play "Pooh sticks" or are do they all have their noses stuck too firmly to their electronics to bother?

IVE seen dirty sods everywhere doing that..................not least footballers.

Saw a couple with two young children playing Pooh sticks a couple of weeks ago in Grantham, Windham park bridge over the river Witham, me and Mrs P had a go as well but I think she was cheating, (next time I'm going to paint my stick so it looks completely different to hers), it was great to see the kids playing it though, seemed to get more enjoyment out of it than they would some electronic game

Rog

• Upvote 2

I was surprised when the family came up at Easter. The kids spent more time playing with the carpet bowls than their electronic things. Their other favourite toy was my Space Hopper. Remember Space hoppers?

• Upvote 1