Things you don't see anymore

It is usually possible to skate on our local lake - but we are in the far north of Scotland :) A couple of winters ago I noticed a set of car tyre tracks going across the lake!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

All the way across the Eastern end of the loch. several hundred yards. The centre never freezes deeply enough for a car.

I took the panels off our doors when we moved in and discovered antique pine doors beneath - which was nice :)

We had a Spirograph in the 70s when our kids were little. There are similar drawing things that the grandchildren have got but I don't think they are as good as the Spirograph was.

On railway stations:

In the buffet: A cake-stand with a dried-up cheese sandwich, curled up at its corners, covered with a glass dome. A fly is trapped inside the dome.

On the platform: An old pre-war chocolate-bar dispensing machine.

There is an episode of Dad's Army where they are stranded on the pier for the night, without food. There is a penny crane machine with chocolate bars inside. Alas, only one bar was edible - the rest were cardboard imitations. Says a lot for the expected chances of winning from that machine, doesn't it!

• 2 weeks later...

Melted down for kids rides outside Supermarkets.

Sheets, blankets and an eiderdown on a bed instead of a duvet. Also, for those who wore collar studs, the red mark it used to leave just below the Adam's Apple.

• Upvote 1

I found this link whilst enjoying my morning browse. Don't take to much notice of the opening page; it is not all about fashion. Click on "more older memories" and it takes a trip down memory on lot of topics. There are lots of American topics, but also, lots you and I will remember. Check out "I Got You Babe" on page 11, some brilliant videos of Sonny and Cher. I hope you enjoy browsing.

http://doyouremember.com/

• Upvote 1