Things you don't see anymore

You would be surprised what I have been offered by way of tips Margie !

I once got £40 for lifting a hot tub over a garage, only way poosible it was. The HT owner had been quoted between £750 min to £1250 max !

Took me less than five minutes.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

Is there a hidden language going on here, BW?

Catfan, I presume you lifted the hot tub mechanically (don't know the name of the swivelling crane thingy on the back of a lorry) or did you just get angry, turn green and lift it yourself

• Upvote 1

Ernie,the song Margie.

I'm quite big on manners..not perfect, but I try to treat people how I would like to be treated. A smile costs nothing..nothing worse than a scowl. I think being polite to women is very important.. and if I get things wrong.I own up ..is the wife always right?.......YES.

So.........back to the title of this thread about things you don't see anymore. I have got an old photo of me aged about 6 wearing a KNITTED bathing costume and slip-on rubber shoes for paddling in the sea ( and that photo is definitely staying in the album - it's not finding its way on to here!).

• Upvote 1

#3216. Margie, There are several photos of me in the family album wearing knitted bathers too. In fact my little brother was put in the same ones a few years later. My Mum knitted everything in those days! Don't think I ever had any rubber shoes though, I must have been tougher than you!!

• Upvote 1

We still have chimneys on new houses up here in Scotland Tomlinson. Much of Scotland is not covered by the clean air act of nineteen hundred and frozen stiff.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife's family constantly use it. It makes me cringe..... Our mam, me mam.

Exasperating!

I`ve noticed that very few children say, 'Mam', nowadays. It`s usually, 'Mum'.

Do people think it sounds more southern and therefore somehow more posh?

Or is it a sign of the homogeonisation (sp?) of the language?

Woddya think?