Things you don't see anymore

I can remember that, also the episode where Albert's on his cart and Hercules stops and does a dump. He jumps off, picks it up and sticks it in a bucket, pushes it down with his hands and gets back up on his seat. He then fishes out a sandwich and starts eating it. Harold's sitting next to him, looking in disgust. 'You diiiiiirty old man!'

• Upvote 6
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

I didn't see that episode but I could just imagine him doing that.

Rarely sit in a bathtub anymore. Ever since we moved here its been a shower everyday.

Remember when we went back to the inlaws. The FIL liked our Canadian showers so much he had one installed. Only problem was that there was not much head of water with the tank being in the airing cupboard. We used to refer to it as taking a trickle. :-0 Never told him though. He liked his shower.

Hot water is at mains pressure here so you tend to get a good pressure washing.

Fish and Chips wrapped in Newspaper and the smell of vinegar on the newspaper.

Was this not recycling of newspaper?

• Upvote 1

EileenH: I have been looking for some skipping and two-ball rhymes for a while. Do you have any more?

Marks and spencer used to have cardigans and jumpers folded nicely on a wooden counter,if you fancied one they would look in a drawer for your size.So much nicer,I think and they don't all get mucky and out of shape like they do on hangers.A lot of shops were like this .Now some of them resemble jumble sales,stuff on the floor,make up on the clothes,bring back the old ways ,some of us would like that.

P.S, went in marks the other week and walked by a trolley with reduced bakery items in,saw a woman opening the bags of buns/cobs and handling them then putting them back in the bags.yuk.You wouldn't have seen that in an old shop where you had to ask for what you wanted (like open all hours)

• Upvote 1

Local Hyper Supermarket and 1\2pence coins along with ancient manual tills and the local co-op at the end of the day deli section sweeping up all odds and ends of cold meats into a bag and selling it cheaply.

#3371 Crankypig you have reminded me about when I worked in Farmers. In the upstairs underwear department they had a glass topped counter with drawers in where all the lace up corsets were kept. As a student working there I was amazed when I first saw them! If a customer asked we got out the size they asked for. There were front laced ones and back laced. Before I worked there I hand heard of laced corsets and I thought the laces were to fasten them like shoe laces and I found out the laces are adjustments. I used to wait until I got home and have a good laugh about them.

Friday Night Pay Packets small brown envelopes if any person out there doe's not know what a pay packet is.