Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

I believe you can still get Victory V's too !

Probably due to some obscure EU directive that removed the ingredient that cleared our heads .

They don't like us having a clear mind and thinking for ourselves.

• Upvote 4

We used to call it 'sevens' cos you threw I them 7 times against the wall, then you did dropsies 6 times, then threw up in the air 5 times, then underhand/overhand 4 times, then up in the air/against the wall 3 times, then bounced them onto the floor on the way to the wall twice, then twizzled round after you threw the ball at the wall and caught it again

After that it was repeated but with claps between each throw (clapsies)

Phew! I feel quite worn out just thinking about it!

• Upvote 7

Kilroy was ere chalkings.

Nine men's Morris.

Cans of Fresca and Tab.

Nutty Bars.

Milk vending Machines.

Streakers.

Grainers( decorators).

Tramps drinking Jack.

Black+White Taxis.

Sun Tea.

I asked for whisky and dry ginger in a bar (one little bottle of dry ginger is enough for at least 2 whiskies) and I was told that they no longer stock it! No demand! I had a glass of water instead, added a tiny amount to the whisky and had a great drink. Less expensive and actually much better without the ginger.

• 4 weeks later...

Ricketts

Kids with Blue stuff on their heads to kill ringworm

Iron Lungs

Polio

The 'Nit Nurse'

I blame the EU. ;)

• Upvote 1

Whilst cycling in the Gambia recently, I noticed three boys carrying Machetes; they waved to me with the knives and big smiles shouting (in broken English) "Hello mista, how are yoooo?". It brought to mind all the things we did with knives as young boys. We were never without at least a pocket knife and if a Scout, a sheath knife. These days people would rear up in horror at the sight f a child with even a pen-knife.

^^^^^^^^^^Back in 1962 I joined EMGAS rifle club, we shot underground in Basford gas works. Twice a week I would sling my rifle over my shoulder, bob a box of ammo into my pocket and walk there from Rosetta Rd, I couldn't afford a rifle bag when I first started but nobody batted an eyelid.

Sidecars on motorbikes.

Bus Conductors calling out the STOPS,.............17 from Trinity sq to Bulwell...........he shouted...........Forest rd,Gregory Blvd,Hucknall rd,Foremans,Haydn rd,Prison,Costock,Heathfield,Arnold rd,Marble Arch,Kersall dr,Piccadilly,Bancroft,..........ending with Delphi........that was for Stephen Ford...........lol.

• Upvote 2