Things you don't see anymore

Newbasfordlad - hubby used to get the bus to Plumstead and Keyworth they used to sit with rifles between their feet nobody took any notice. Good rat shooting beside canal.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

Students wearing scarves in their university colours.

Last Saturday in Cambridge, there was quite a bit of nudity.... It was the annual nude bike ride to protest against cars etc and pollution generally. There were all kinds of people from beautiful girls to old men - according to the pictures and article in the Cambridge Evening News yesterday. I wasn't there (either viewing or taking part!!) but one person said it seemed to be just a lot of old men showing off their bits.... Of course, some people were outraged as usual but it seemed harmless enough.

• Upvote 1

It seemed harmless because they were old men and posed no threat!

511 margie.

why when people talk about old men they assume we only have BITS.............LOL.

Could be a new thread .....''things you don't want to ever see again''............ie.........anyone completly starkers.........yuck..........especially riding a bike.......

• Upvote 1

Oh Dear Margie, Seeing as the link isn't on the "Things you never want to see again" thread, I twisted my arm and forced myself to have a peep. From what I can see; it must be a very cold day. lol I bet you boys don't look at what us girls looked at. What naked girl! I never saw one!!! :biggrin:

I know it was daft but when we were children, if you saw a funeral cortage, to protect yourself from bad luck you had to 'Hold your collar until you saw a dog' and woe betide you if you stood on a cracked paving slab, also of course, walking under a ladder was equivalent to committing suicide.

Annie, you are absolutely correct. It's an age thing. Please forgive. I remember we had to hold something for some reasons or other. And I still have too!

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this on Facebook and thought it was worth sharing even though some/most? of you were more 'sixties children' than 'seventies'. Bit of bad language but not too bad....

https://www.facebook.com/GaryShepherd1967/posts/10154434670096549

• Upvote 1

When we saw an ambulance we would say Touch your collar touch your nose hope we dont go in one of those,still stay it now but quietly.Still cant walk under a ladder or cross someone on the stairs without pretending to spit.

Does anyone remember Colwick cheese it was delicious.I think they sold it in the old market and what about real mushy peas not the tinned type.One more item,someone mentioned Liquafruta for coughs it tasted like weedkiller smells vile stuff.One more horlicks in tablet form.

• Upvote 1

I used to love those 35mm plastic film cases that came with each roll of film. I'm running low on them now - no cases with digital cameras :/

• Upvote 1

Funnily enough Compo me old mukka I used to collect them, but for a good reason............ read on.

My neighbour worked in the film processing labs for Boots and she would bring me a carrier bag full about once a month. I would then use a heated metal knitting needle to punch holes in them, attach a loop of 20lb breaking strain fishing line to the top et voila swim feeder for fishing with. (And before any body says ''you don't need that many'', you never fished Radcliffe or Gunthorpe weirs! (I have to admit that with the advent of "Maxima Double Strength Line" I started to use less and less and as the supply dwindled so did my requirements !

:jumping:

• Upvote 3

I used to love those 35mm plastic film cases that came with each roll of film. I'm running low on them now - no cases with digital cameras :/

My wife got got a few on freecycle a few weeks ago. ;)

• Upvote 1