Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

#3556 Jill...................bet we did,......bet they were at least 2 bob..............

• Upvote 1

Do you two have a bit of a thing about Tenas? They do a similar sort of thing for men you know!

• Upvote 2

Grandma,its more things you don't hear.............my many Grandkids all call me Granddad (to my face anyway) but none call the wife Grandma,..........its a combination of Nan,Nanny,Nanna ,Mamma,and for some odd reason Bim............i'm sure its common nowadays,suppose Grandma as connotations of being old........

• Upvote 1

Mams mam was Mammar and Dads mam was Nannar. No idea why, unless it's a regional thing, Mammar originated at Mansfield and Nannar from Carlton. I would have loved to be called Mammar but here in West-Mids even Nannar is unusual. My other options would be Nan or Nanny, so I am grateful to be Nannar!

PS Chris is Gramps? Don't know who thought that one up?

Surprise surprise my grandchildren call me Nonna and hubby Nonno. My children call my mum Nana.

I called my maternal grandparents Nana and Garry. Lancashire I suppose. My paternal grandfather Grandad and didnt get to know grandmother she died when I was 3.

• Upvote 1

Referring to another topic, you don't see Gonks anywhere these days!

I'll reiterate, yes, you do. Derby and Aspley.

Thanks Kath. I did put 2 photos under the 2 websites but they were too big and when I added a caption two little tiny squares came up and as a link they didnt work. Never mind, I was just playing around

• 2 weeks later...

I once won a fag from one of these "Win a cigarette" penny slots in Blackpool. It must have been in the machine for months, if not years....it was dry and stale.

hommedia%2B%25281%2529.jpg

• Upvote 1