Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

My mate saw them in Ilkeston, and reckons they were brilliant live. 

Brian Conley used to live next door to a girlfriend of mine. She said that he was always being hounded by thugs who thought he was gay.

Connolly Compo. I think Brian Conley is a so called comedian, actor, presenter. 

Is it Topo Gigio ?

• Upvote 1

The X Factor next then is it Alan ?

Wards window cleaners/painters & decorators on Peacheys St.had one.

Albert lost his ear in WW2!..the plastic replacement was quite fascinating to a nosey pest like me.

By way of an Anorak type post-The Birds ( Ronnie Wood) had same van.

• 3 weeks later...

Around here the window cleaners all have extending brushes with a water supply through some kind of hose device.  This means that they can comply with health ansd safety by not having to use ladders to reach upper windows.  I was in Llanidloes in mid-Wales a few weeks ago when I espied a window cleaner UP A LADDER! and using an old fashioned "Scrim" and blade.  I was pleased to see that H&S haven't yet defeated everyone :) 

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Used to be one on the walkway at Midland station in the 60's,I think it was a penney a letter then,we used to print out the names of our favourite steam locos on a aluminium strip,waste of money if you were no good at spelling,is that a picture of the one at the NRM Compo?

Rog

Spending most weekends travelling back and forth from Midland Station to Birmingham in the 60s, we would print our names out on the machine when we had time before our trains left. Sometimes "I Love You"  messages anawl,  Aaaah young love.  Must get the box of letters and memorabilia down and see if we still have any around! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 5