Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

There must be ! I Spy things on the road maybe.

Kids today don't know they're born - as me mam used to say:

33523022100_7fece1a215_b.jpg

• Upvote 3

Sorry Margie, no I am not in the picture but I was just like those boys when young :)

• Upvote 1

Sod PC Catfan! I'm a confirmed non-PC tellit-as yer see-it  sort o'bloke :)

• Upvote 2

Now is he taking back the empties to claim the money back on the bottles or, if the picture was taken in Aspleh he could be having them away from the back yard of the Beacon

Rog

3996.  That brought back a few memories, Compo.   Dark winter nights sitting in there with a bike lamp.  Hoping the spiders and other creepy crawlies were not feeling too aggressive. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

My friend's parents were dead posh....they used The Times newspaper in their toilet :)

• Upvote 1

One thing you don't see anymore is people talking together much. The art of conversation is disappearing.

Bleddy smartphones responsible for that, people would rather sit tapping the phone screen texting instead !

• Upvote 3

I've got quite a few of those, unopened.  We bought them because we were told they would be taxed heavily because folks were recording commercial music on them.  Then they quickly became history when recordable CDs showed up.  I probably need to toss 'em. They are just taking up room in a drawer now.