Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

Love the Micrometer and Vernier calliper Plantfit! I use a modern Vernier that has a built-in LCD display - not as nice as the originals though.

• Like 1

My newer vernier and micrometer are LCD, but my multi meter is still analogue although the voltage and continuity tester are LED,they are somewhere in the shed,not got any idea why I hold on to the old stuff,I have no use for them now

Rog

Gave the Avo to someone last year,the one I have knocking about is a rubber armoured one called Metrotest,the digital thermometer i a 3208N and still works,can't find my noise meter at the moment but will take a picture of it when I find it

Rog

• Like 1

Metrotest meter and digital thermometer

P1060006.jpg

Bilson sound level meter and test

P1060007.jpg

I don't know why I hang on to the sound level meter, I have a LED tachometer in the shed but the one I had for years,a mechanical dial one I left at work when I finished and apparently no one knows anything about it,"never seen it Rog",yeh right

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For Loppylugs: My old AVO, currently looking a bit scruffy due to being stored under a swallows nest in the shed.  I didn't notice the nest until the other day when I needed the instrument for a small job!

36859452780_a9840befca_h.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This one speaks for itself. At 82½p for a return ticket to the coast from Nottingham it would be a real winner today!

37051406336_ee05d5b1a3_b.jpg

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Brew said:

Can you still get batteries for AVOs?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLR121-BATTERY-FOR-AVO-8-METERS-15V-/260635338455

http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_a411.htm?a411,various manufacturers,BLR121

I was looking in a forum and read that you can use five 3V lithium button cells taped together in a stack - fitted with a spacer to fit between the battery contacts.  the author bought a card of 5 x CR2025 from a pound shop.

It was Welgar in about 1965/6. I entered a competition and I recall addressing the envelope to Welgar Shredded Wheat, Nabisco foods Ltd.  I remember because I spelt Nabisco incorrectly, writing 'Nabsico' in error.  Odd how one recalls things like that.

Never thought of 'building' my own battery. Not too sure about the capacity of 2025s but an interesting idea. Pity my Mk8 has gone now, back in the day they were the reference meter.

• Like 1

A gallon !  I seem to recall my mother trying to force teaspoons full down my throat if I was constipated as a child. Ugh !