Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

Thats the trouble with village management committee's they think the village amenities are solely run for them but it's the ordinary villagers that do all the hard work while the committee sit back and take all the praise

Rog

• Like 3

WHERE OH! WHERE AS OUR NEW MEMBER GONE?

WHO AM I TALKING ABOUT?

NOTTINGHAMPAST JOINED   13  JULY 

WHERE ON EARTH HIS HE?

ANYONE HEARD FROM HIM?

I remember many years ago on this site there was a new member who was a Boon (tv program) fanatic and he wanted to find all the locations where the program was filmed, there was one location he couldn't find so he asked Nottstalgia members to help, just about everyone joined in suggesting different locations throught the county, this went on for weeks, anyway it came to light the actual location was not far from where I live,it was near a small village just off the A17 near Newark called Barnby, myself and another member even met him at the site and had a good discussion about how helpful Nottstalgia members had been in his quest to find the last piece of this puzzle as it were,

Where is this leading too you ask, well after this member found this final puzzle piece he BUGGERED off never to be heard from again

Rog

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

So many come on here with a query, get a result and disappear.  The Goose Fair thread that was started by ‘Echo’ reminded me of the help she wanted getting employment for her disabled son.  Robbie helped her enormously and I believe he managed to get the lad fixed up with a job at the Whittaker stud/stables.    After that we, nor Robbie, never heard from Echo again.   

I suspect that newcomers read the banter between certain members and decide (understandably) that the site is not for them.   

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc.

Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine. 

If they sense any animosity and a confrontational attitude, nobody is ever going to stay. 

A bit of discretion, decorum, politeness and fair treatment wouldn't go amiss on this site at times. 

All newbies see these days is bragging, blatant hypocrisy, and some bombastic posts.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2

I'm on a forum that deals with my hobby, the Organ.. I read a lot there but I don't post much.. mainly because it is obvious that many of the guys are far better  musicians than I am.. I have nothing to say to them that they probably don't already know.. Several are organ Technicians and I enjoy the occasional post with them because we talk the same language when it comes to electronics.

• Like 1
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:23 PM, IAN123. said:

Nice to see a switched on bloke..Oz.

Did you stand for the national anthem..or make for the exits?

Don't go to the movies any more, not a lot of quality about, mostly blast them to pieces, all visual effects and noise with no storyline.

Last movie I went to was one of the dark and gloomy Harry Potter ones, fell asleep after 15 minutes.

Don't think they play the anthem any more here. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, LizzieM said:

So many come on here with a query, get a result and disappear.  The Goose Fair thread that was started by ‘Echo’ reminded me of the help she wanted getting employment for her disabled son.  Robbie helped her enormously and I believe he managed to get the lad fixed up with a job at the Whittaker stud/stables.    After that we, nor Robbie, never heard from Echo again.   

I suspect that newcomers read the banter between certain members and decide (understandably) that the site is not for them.   

I have said before that i "lurked" for a long time giving Alan information that i thought might interest him, he was interested in a certain topic and asked me to post.  I hesitated as Lizzie has said it all seemed rather "clanish" plus the fact that we no longer lived in Nottingham, however i took the plunge and have never regretted it. So to anyone thinking it might not be for them give us a try could be a just what you need. Gem.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc.

Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine. 

If they sense any animosity and a confrontational attitude, nobody is ever going to stay. 

A bit of discretion, decorum, politeness and fair treatment wouldn't go amiss on this site at times. 

All newbies see these days is bragging, blatant hypocrisy, and some bombastic posts.

So, so true Fly!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Well you and your mate have partaken recently Catfan !

• Upvote 2
45 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

You don't see much of these.CIMG6156.jpgJoe Page?..was the signature on notes years ago.

Joe Page big bloke ex railway,,always rode a bike,,mate of me Dads,,also bookies runner for Nellie Bisby,,lollived on teviot

• Like 1

First i remember big Joe,was when dad took me in mash cabin,bulwell commin sidings,,i was about 5, joe saw me and announced to the rest in the cabin,,""young un about,no swearing chaps"" new him all my growing up years and my time at Marsdens,andover rd,,and yes ian, nobody ever gave him no lip. Lol

• Like 1