Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

That's where I would respectfully disagree DB.  I don't really have anything to hide, but it's nobody elses business where I am, what I buy and sell, what shops I might visit and how much I spend.  more dangerously than that.  What if a particular government decides they don't like my political leanings, or maybe what books I might read.  The list is endless when you think about it.  The day could come when THEY knock on your door in the middle of the night.  After all, they know where you are.   It's happened elswhere.

• Like 1

Turn off the location stuff on yer phone.

I imagine.. with little evidence, that 'yer phone' is finding your location mostly from your nearest mobile mast. The things are everywhere. No need for your phone to have a direct connection to a satellite.

We have noticed several times that we might be talking about something.  Recently flooring.  Next time Mrs. L has ads for flooring on her tablet.  We've noticed it more than once.  we avoid private conversations with any internet connected device in the room.  So called smart tv is not connected to my router.  I don't want its 'smart' antics.  They weren't put there for my benefit.

• Like 1

Read a book once called Supernature by Lyall Watson, in an early chapter it was about some guy on a train in Russia reading his newspaper,two men sat opposite him,suddenly they got up and arrested him, for what he "Thinking politically" after reading something in the paper . Be careful what you say and read on the internet, or even Think

Rog

• Like 1

That's the scary part, Rog.  I occasionally read or watch stuff relating to what some might call conspiracy theories.  I don't necessarily believe them.  I am naturally curious.   Some are downright crazy.  Thing is we should have the right to read what we want without coming under suspicion.

• Like 1

I said phone services DJ, not individual phones, land line longs distance phone services are almost a thing of the past, they go from one auto exchange, uplinked to a satellite, then downlinked to a larger auto telephone exchange.

Some years back we had a major solar flare that fried several satellites, caused chaos with phone systems in several countries.

There's a way around that Dave, use two proxy servers, or a search engine that dosesn't log you through them, there are several now.

14 hours ago, Ayupmeducks said:

There's a way around that Dave, use two proxy servers, or a search engine that dosesn't log you through them, there are several now.

If I were to use two proxy server's, would this slow down my internet speed sufficiently for me to qualify for a monthly rebate from my suppler? ;)

I Received a new smartphone from my daughter as a present two years ago.. It was very common where I went, i was receiving offers within a few feet of the shop I was near..I agree with DJ360..turn off the sat option..sorted the problem..ish. 

Edit..just thought ..these.. on the hole ..were shops where i have store card..strange...suggests a passing of cross information..

Is the poor kid on the right the original Billy no mates? looks like a girl to me though and I don't think boys played with girls in them days, well not at that age anyway

Rog

6 hours ago, plantfit said:

I don't think boys played with girls in them days, well not at that age anyway

Rog

I did Rog..............the girl in the picture looks just like a girl i knew called Dolly Sims,.lived on Arnold road,,:rolleyes:

• Like 2