Things you don't see anymore

It sounds like you’re a fan of Mr Tipping.  Is he visible to the public?  Apart from the occasional waffle on EM News I’ve only seen him once and that was in a restaurant.   

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

I don't know whether he has reduced the cost of policing or not. If he has it seems it's at the expense of police effectiveness. There is also the perception he is little more than a rubber stamp for whatever type crime is flavour of the month.

"Burglars? mmm yeah OK but we really need to concentrate on people calling each other nasty names"

The cost and the reduction thereof should not be his priority, he should be focussed full time on reducing crime not playing footsy with the accountants.

Like Sir Mayfield I did not approve of creating another quango. Had they said OK the Chief Constable is now an electable office 'ala American Sheriffs then I'd go for that.

39 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

It sounds like you’re a fan of Mr Tipping.  Is he visible to the public?  Apart from the occasional waffle on EM News I’ve only seen him once and that was in a restaurant.   

No Lizzie, I'm not a fan of Paddy Tipping, my comments have only been about his role.

I guess he's as visible as you want him to be, on the Notts Police site. What issues would you want to take up with a PCC?

CIearly some folk on here don't like the man or possibly his politics, don't seem to understand the role or indeed the system. There's plenty of information available, just have a look. :)

• Like 1

The fact he is on around £88000 is bad enough then there is around half a dozen of his cronies on around £60000 who take the flak for him when it all goes pear shaped  Theres no wonder we are paying more and more for less police why would you want to discourage speeding when its such a major money earner  Since the speed cameras were semi privatized they have been awash with money so much so that the police once got a percentage of the money raised but now it all goes direct to the treasury  When the daily mail investigated the selling of of the speed camera network they were told that the cost of the set up and camera would be recovered within two hours of the camera becoming operational  and what did the government do with all that money they made cuts to the police meeowed

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
On 5/7/2019 at 2:22 PM, FLY2 said:

I thought Paddy Tipping already was a cardboard cutout  :tony:

I  thought Paddy Tipping was a name for Irish fly-tippers?!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Anyone remember these, saw this today on Bridge street Newark,like a lot of stores it's now a charity shop

Bridge_street_Newark.jpg

Rog

• Like 2

Plastic bread tags, various colours for different days and put on the brake cables of bikes.

Plastic louvres for back windows of cars.

STP stickers on cars.

Stickers on back windows with 'ive been to...'

Clutch/steering wheel locks.

Repair men up telegraph poles.

Wooden ladders.

Old women who belong to The Blue Rinse Brigade.

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, catfan said:

There's a few hanging around on here.  :rolleyes:

(Referring to the 'blue rinse brigade')

At least it's good to still have hair on our heads !!! 

• Like 2

Phil, must be living out in the countryside that does it.... some of that muck spreading must have come your way and helped your hair to grow.

1 hour ago, plantfit said:

And there's you Margie an advocate for head shaving the other week  thumbsup

Rog

I advocated head shaving for men who are getting 'thin on top,' so they won't be tempted to 'comb over' in the vain hope that it will fool people into thinking they still have lots of hair!

As I said before, I think a 'grade one' looks good on a man...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, catfan said:

There's a few hanging around on here.  :rolleyes:

Lets take the OLD WOMAN out of the blue rinse brigade maybe "Mature Lady   " is better 

The Blue rinse was a water base colour and you could use it on ladies who had white hair. but a lot of young girls who had their bleached would have it on there fringes there was also a pink rinse you could have, if you look at a lot of young girls now quite a few have blue, green, red, pink, violet, and more colours in there hair.  I don't think that we can class the blue rinse as things we don't see any more.

What we don't see anymore are Finger waves, french rolls, cottage loaf, to name but a few hair styles, Nestle Permanent-waving machine you know  the one chandelier type. This was fixed to the ceiling. Bottles of light ale in salons stock cupboard, (we use to set hair with IPA) lacquer not seen any more its all hair spray. Cubicles which we worked in and the large black/white telephone on the reception desk, I could go on and on but don't want to be a bore, 

• Like 3

Bore away Mary,these are your memories and as such might bring back some memories for the other members

Rog

Coppers who we referred to as Tit-heads.

Men of all ages smoking pipes.

Football fans wearing knotted scarfs on their wrists.

Mechanical mileometers on the front hub of bikes,  click click click...

Paint fumes with lead in (?)

Asbestos buildings.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, mary1947 said:

Lets take the OLD WOMAN out of the blue rinse brigade maybe "Mature Lady   " is better 

The Blue rinse was a water base colour and you could use it on ladies who had white hair. but a lot of young girls who had their bleached would have it on there fringes there was also a pink rinse you could have, if you look at a lot of young girls now quite a few have blue, green, red, pink, violet, and more colours in there hair.  I don't think that we can class the blue rinse as things we don't see any more.

What we don't see anymore are Finger waves, french rolls, cottage loaf, to name but a few hair styles, Nestle Permanent-waving machine you know  the one chandelier type. This was fixed to the ceiling. Bottles of light ale in salons stock cupboard, (we use to set hair with IPA) lacquer not seen any more its all hair spray. Cubicles which we worked in and the large black/white telephone on the reception desk, I could go on and on but don't want to be a bore, 

I'm only going back to the 1970s, but thinking about it my grandma and all other grandma's seemed to me to be of the Hilda Ogden type, big pointy glasses, silly lumpy hats and big broaches on their blue raincoats. But the thing is they were only 60 yrs old or so. I was only a youngster but to me they were old.

• Like 1

I can honestly say Mary, I have never had or want a blue or any other colour rinse on my no.1 haircut. 'Er indoors won't wear rubber gloves.:Shock:

• Like 1