Things you don't see anymore

6 hours ago, Beekay said:

I hope your not saying I'm too old for hair colouring Mary, I is only a recycled 18 year old... :tease:

I Beekey "YOU WISH"

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:26 PM, plantfit said:

Bore away Mary,these are your memories and as such might bring back some memories for the other members

Rog

Rog 

Thanks for complement, not sure if this a complement or a sarcastic remark?  but only you know.

xxx

Some folks just can't sleep nonna ! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, mary1947 said:

not sure if this a complement or a sarcastic remark?

Certainly not sarcastic Mary, keep posting

Rog

• Like 2

Bakelite clocks and trimphones......unless you sit at my computer desk :)

1080_fc3e1194-6733-4428-864f-0ac45dee437

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, Compo said:

Not  a single furry die in sight, Ian!

What about a tiger tail coming out of your fuel cap...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

No sign of it up here in Caithness, Denshaw. Outside it is currently 7°C, cloud at zero feet and a strong north wind.  Been like this since mid-May. I think the French have used their weather veto to prevent us from having a summer, this year.

• Upvote 1

All 'stagians have a standing invite to drop in when up this way, Beekay.

My garden rake broke yesterday and as I was re-shaping the handle to fit into the head bracket I thought: "Now here's summat as yer don't see anymore - folk as fix their old garden tools rather than buy new uns."  I have two rakes; one I fixed yesterday by reshaping the handle to fit the head and the other has a splint on the handle, which split along the lower half about four years ago. The splint has held perfectly over the past years and looks set to continue to hold for a while yet!

• Like 1

Your not wrong, not worth the effort fiver from Wilko, I'm sure 20 years down the line gardening will be a thing of the past, noticed most new builds only give you 6 x 6 foot, if your lucky it's slabbed or decked, maintenance free. 

You're probably right RR, but I'd be lost without my little patch of heaven !

Front mainly block paving, and two patios at each end of the rear garden, but the rest..... Paradise, which took a lot of money and physical effort. Well worth it ! :tanning:

But that's one reason why there's been an increase in flooding in built up areas..... there's nowhere for the rain water to go if everywhere is paved.   The drains are overloaded with the mains drainage from domestic and industrial use and therefore overflow after heavy rainfall.  We NEED more plants and trees to soak up the rain

• Like 3
21 hours ago, denshaw said:

That big Yellow thing in the sky, usually appears this time of year.

Nah, I think it's one 'o them there urban legends innit...

• Like 1