Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

A little anecdote.  When I was taxi driving for A2B I picked up a couple of lads at Crabtree estate. Can't  remember what the conversation was but at one stage one of the lads said," yeh man you is only sayin dat cos I is black"!

I did explain to him that I  was darker than the pair of them and why was he talking with a mid Caribbean accent, when I knew they were both born at Crabtree, near Bulwell cemetery.

BK they were paraphrasing a line from an  Ali G sketch... Like PM says youtube for Ali G

Clearer now?

On reflection, I don't  think I'll bother. I'm happy in my ignorance. There are things that if I don't know now, I never will. Is it true, there are now cars running on electric batteries?

• Like 2

Pubs open after 10 00pm

I agree Phil.  In the last couple of months we’ve test-driven a Tesla 3, a Tesla S and a Porsche Taycan.  None of them have an acceptable range (for us) although they are all superb cars to drive with fantastic acceleration.  A good friend of mine has had a Tesla S for several years, she loves it, but so does her husband ..... they fight over who uses it every day ..... his car is an Aston Martin.  

21 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

6'6'' Male wearing long black coat,,enters underground Car Park,, where I was having a Fag break.....

The bloke i mentioned above,,,as well as being quite intimidating was a 'Character'..........a few months after my encounter with him saw him having a Coffee in Broad Marsh Wimpy,,naturally i joined him and enjoyed a long chat....

He was well educated and did what he did because he found it easy to get away with,,told me he went to court over the offence with me,,and was more or less told to behave for the next 12 months,,which he did'nt but didn't get caught,,,finished up having a laugh with him,,he asked me if i'd nick him if i saw him doing it again?....told him yes,,,............

• Like 3

The milk round. Been mentioned before and it has come back in some places.

We started having bottles of milk delivered but never saw the milkman. He delivered at 9 - 10 pm!

I had to go out late in the evening to bring it in during the warm weather. After a couple of months it became obvious that whoever ran the service had no idea what they were doing. Incorrect deliveries and phoning us for payments that had already been paid. So there ended the return to old fashioned milk bottles.

He's not alone Jill. We have a milkman who delivers anytime between 10.30 and 01.00. And now he only delivers every other day, so you get two days milk in one throw. Needless to say, we don't have him, though some of our neighbours do. Just imagine, a hot sultry summer night, with 4 pints of milk on your doorstep, going sour !

Our milkman delivers our milk around 3 - 4am and there are only 2 deliveries a week in this  village, but it works well because we get up early anyway and have a fridge!!

Is philmayfield still looking for a chaise longue?  I know where there's one going, if he's interested. Good condition although not the original upholstery. A friend is clearing his uncle's house prior to sale.  It's a freebie!

Always wanted a ''Chaise Longue''  ever since i saw ''Eartha Kitt'' laying on one singing  ''just an old fashioned girl''

Eartha,, laying one end....and Fenella Fielding the other,,   with me in the middle,,

Just an old fashioned dream:rolleyes:

• Like 2