Things you don't see anymore

Vim or Ajax, the good old powder stuff that got your bath gleaming!!

Owdtite.

It used to clean my teeth up pretty good too!!!!! (Do you reckon I could report my mum to social services 40 years after the affect ???)

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

I would still have them all if it hadn't been for the crap dentist I used to go to in 1982 on Manor road in Carlton (Near the fire station) She decided that a perfectly good little tooth I had growing out of line slightly wouldn't drop in to the gap properly so she advised me to have it removed. She did so (again a perfectly healthy tooth) and in doing so managed to break another perfectly healthy tooth that was perfectly in line. Then (quite literally) the rot set in, requiring it's removal too in 1984.

I eventually (After many complaints to the BDA) got a bridge fitted for free (over £1400 worth of work) in 1992. I got an infection in 2005 and it had to be removed and cleaned up . The local dentist (Here in Winsford) did it for free , but two months later it fell back out and I had to have another one built (This is sounding like the Second Severn bridge ....LOL) This one broke two years back and, our now Polish, dentist won't do anything about it !! leaving me with a gap bigger than the one at Watford.

By gum!! I told the tooth , the whole tooth, and nothing but the tooth!!

Kids 'conkering' nor taking part in the noble art. Shame!

Kids with a bunch of scrumped apples showed up their jumper.

Kids playing marbles in the streets.

Kids swapping collectors cards.

Kids playing 20-a-side football games with a tennis ball.

Summer county Margarine.

I still have the advertisement song in my head. I also still remember all the words.

musical_note_red.gifSummer Countymusical_note_red.gif [repeated again and again to the music of the Merry Widow waltz]

summerc.jpg

Wow, Mick, a blast from the past! I'd forgotten about that margarine, it was the one we ate as a kid. No Stork for us!

• 2 weeks later...

What about the barell organ man and his monkey .Yes they really did exist

I can still remember his face.

Little gingery haired guy?

I worked at the coop in the 70's

May have been John Allen still alive age 86 this year was also the co.op. santa for some years. also was barman and door man at the upstairs disco white hart lenton.

Nottingham City Centre Street vendors and German Christmas markets!!!!

Notts County proping up the league!!

not exactly something you don't see, but does anyone remember being able to listen in to police radio on their stereogram (somthing else you don't see anymore!) i remember it was roundabout 88 on the FM frequency, near where radio two is now! trouble was you could only hear stuff in range, so it would be half of a conversation followed by static then part of a different trans mission.

and another thing.....

anybody remember a girl called april who had apparently upset her semi stalker boyfriend? for ages it seemed in the mid 70's? so he plastered all sorts of signs and billboards with "april is a whore"

Honest Politicians !!!!......After yesterday I reckon 99% of us are Bigots!!!!!!And did you notice, it was everybody's fault except his,and a stage managed apology makes everything OK again does it? I think not Gordon!!

thumbsdown