katyjay

Things you don't see anymore

Compo    3,521

Great collection Rog!

Compo    3,521

Here's a photo of some techy bits from my little museum.  The micrometer and vernier calliper are courtesy of our very own Plantfit:

37240185281_03068f0133_h.jpg

• Like 1

Compo    3,521

A Rover 75 seen at Dwarwick Pier, Caithness,Tuesday19th Sept. 2017.  Note that it still has trafficators, despite having indicators fitted. I wonder if this was a factory-fit job during an interim changeover period of manufacture?

36571075963_e6b60aa3da_h.jpg

37382930625_2f966de198_h.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Brew    298

I had a Rover 80 and always hung my nose over the 110. My dad called them the poor mans Rolls Royce.

FLY2    7,092

Those green polythene strips that you placed inside the top of your car windscreen to prevent sun glare.

plantfit    2,574

Bicycle saddle bags,quite rare to see one these days,I don't use this one anymore,I've not got a bicycle,I ride a proper bike now

P1060119.jpg

Rog

loppylugs    4,821

Saddlebags were good for some tricks too.  In the cycling club I was in, somebody put a brick in a guy's saddlebag as a joke.  The victim was stopped by a copper riding home late at night.  The cop inspected his saddlebag and found the brick.  He had a hard time persuading the cop he wasn't going to chuck it through the jewelers window.  Long story.  :biggrin: 

• Like 2

radfordred    2,323

Having spotted a right good shiner last night made me think whatever happened to black eyes? You don't see em anymore? Not googens! My Aunt Ada always had one? 

sammysbowery_2.jpg

• Like 2

catfan    8,732
16 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Those green polythene strips that you placed inside the top of your car windscreen to prevent sun glare.

Then some people put "Fred & Freda" or whatever name they had in big white letters !