Things you don't see anymore

3 hours ago, Compo said:

Luggage on the railway station (Note: NOT train station!) platform:

He's not the bear that was hanging around your shed for years is he Compo? if so he looks in pretty good order,new wellies as well,must be catching

Rog

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, plantfit said:

He's not the bear that was hanging around your shed for years is he Compo?

No, Rog; this one is Paddington bear and he was waiting for his train at Strathpeffer in January.  He'll have a bit of a wait though - next train isn't due until the local group can organise £2.5m to rebuild the line to Fodderty Junction for use as a 'Heritage' line :)

• Like 1

Don't deserve to have a chair if he can't sit on it properly,rap across the knuckles with a ruler should cure him of that habit (with no witnesses of course)

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I always give postie a tip at Xmas.  Get a great service from him - he's worth it!

• Upvote 1

We no longer see kids in playing in the street like this but do we really want to? This is the Gorbals in Glasgow in 1966 - the Swinging Sixties! [Photo credit: Daily Record Archives]

40058226755_c8099f0790_c.jpg

• Like 1

Just thinking that myself Jill, I've seen more meat on a fly's lip, (not our fly obviously)

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Was there once a choc bar called  Nux?  I think I can remember it, but Paul says he can't...

• Like 1

In a red pack and contained chopped nuts and bits of crunchy biscuit, with toffee and coated in chocolate.

• Like 1

The 'Nux' bar was virtually identical to todays Lion bar, though I like Lion bars I preferred the Nux

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, MargieH said:

Was there once a choc bar called  Nux?

Margie: Look towards the upper left...Nux bar :)

26152990927_8482964073_b.jpg

• Like 2
On 25/03/2018 at 10:45 PM, MargieH said:

Was there once a choc bar called  Nux?  I think I can remember it, but Paul says he can't...

Definitely remember it Margie.  Similar to a Lion Bar and I loved it.  Seemed to disappear when Lion appeared. 

Col

No it wasn’t the Trueprint man Ian.  The chap I knew was George Ward who owned Grunwick Laboratories which were Bonusprint, Doubleprint, Tripleprint.  A smashing bloke. 

• Like 1

Crikey! I remember that stuff.  I'll bet it would only be available in a black packet with a health warning these days :)

• Like 1