Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

13 hours ago, catfan said:

notice displayed that guests must not eat or drink in the room, only drinks bought in the hotel could be consumed !

It must be par for the course - there was one in my hotel too!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Brew said:

Let me get this right compo, you stayed there...……….. willingly? 

No......... It was the only place within miles of where we needed to be for less than £100!  Booked it a couple of months in advance (without having visited the hotel before) because it is a popular tourist area.

2 hours ago, jonab said:

Isn't that what's called 'Rustic Charm'?

The taps were certainly RUSTY. Not one of them turned off without a good heave.

• Like 1

Take a look at the Trip advisor reviews for the Conon Bridge Hotel, Dingwall, Scotland and see what others said - I've never seen so many bad reviews on one place before.

• Like 1

Always better to check on a place first. We stayed in a place in Australia years ago and we'd booked for quite a few days. The place was awful so next morning we spent the day looking for an hotel that we liked and was spotless. That was a day less that we could have spent sightseeing.

Currently doing a bit of work on my old "Penny in the Slot" public toilet door lock. Alas, the chrome is shot but the mechanism is fixable.  Here's a before picture - after to follow after....

h1bWxAOjRnrk97hK5Op4Y1yDIXHPCNiJU86pSnSP

• Like 1

I know you live in Scotland and I know their reputation for being somewhat parsimonious  - but fitting that to your bathroom door might be taking things  just a tad too far.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I bought these jawbreakers a few days ago and they are great - took me right back to when I used to buy them over 60 years ago..

I can't remember what they were called then....anyone remember?  They are like gobstoppers with bubblegum inside

IMG_4528.jpg

The mention of an RAC man reminded me that a few years ago we were at Mansfield Magistrates Court, fighting a speeding conviction.  In the waiting area was a fledging RAC man, a nice young chap, who had picked up 2 speeding tickets in his first week on the job, on the A610 between the ring road and J26.  I still wonder if he got off lightly, like my husband did on the day :victory:

2 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Loved those aniseed balls

Did you get the little seed in the middle after the ball had all but gone?

Rog

• Like 2

Here's summat as we might have still been seeing if Germany had won the war. Christmas decorations sent to the occupying forces in Norway during WWII:

35156066436_86b13337fa_b.jpg