katyjay

Things you don't see anymore

Certainly is Trogg,,  Marsdens Andover road,,  1960,,

Morning Mrs Williams,, qtr Typhoo,,tin a'Custard and 10 Parkies.....5/3 please,,................Is your Carol going to Locarno tuesday ?  Good,,tell her i'll see her there then,,.......and i'll mek sure she's home by ten......

• Like 3

Eek! It's a young Ben! Yer little divil!  Started early, honing his charm with the ladies! Nowt's changed, has it?

• Like 2

You two @benjamin1945 & @trogg will cop it later when the quote previous post police come along later? 

Such a great Photo,, couldn't resist it Red..................sorry

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, radfordred said:

You two @benjamin1945 & @trogg will cop it later when the quote previous post police come along later? 

Gone now.........lol

• Like 1

Broken ....... Taking me shirt off boss! 

• Like 1

Duly reprimanded RR , I promise to try harder in future, my excuse , it usually works, " its me age".

Before all this piri piri and halal nonsense..Greyfriar..corner of Gedling Street..real nosh.13882226-1400644049951857-67594676200765

'Friday night is music night'..

Well it was bath night in our 'ouse..and two bricks under one end.14590227-1097706923669826-34661665270551Mother and Son..fetching in the en- suite.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gee Dee was crammed with everything..according to their website..Feb 2nd was the closing sale.BUSINESS-REVIEW-NOV-1979-1-SMALL-2.jpgMany happy purchases from here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It will be a great loss to many modelers

• Like 1

I pestered my Dad to buy me an ambitious model project..but fairplay -my Dad helped me complete Monty's Humber Staff Car.

Look at all those Mamod steam engines in the glass case, every schoolboys introduction to how steam power worked

Rog

Hawker Harrier,

2010_07042010Waddo0080.jpg

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Too many rely on sat navs, and are totally unable to read maps. A ludicrous situation. 

Have a Harrier from me too Rog !

This one parked up at Bletchley Park.

ZnUbKU6aEnxYo7OAyqGpG6_En5gjjEp0pf8Dbgrk

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Snobs.jpg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, denshaw said:

Motorists asking for directions.

When I used to travel on business many years ago, before satnav, I used to stop at a newsagent’s on the outskirts of the town and buy an A to Z. I still have have a cupboard full of them ranging from Accrington to Yeovil!

• Upvote 1

We had  loads for use on Forest's away trips. Alternatively the Good Beer Guide sufficed.

I think one of the best things sliced bread are satnavs. A free phone app is all you need. Much better than any paper map ever was. I learned map reading in the boy scouts too!! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Since you bring up Satnavs, Mick.  Here's something I've always wondered about.  Maybe some of our techie guys might have an answer.  The original satnav has no aerial yet is supposed to be receiving satellite signals.  My tv needs quite a big dish to get signals and it must be accurately set up not moving around.  Modern smartphones with the correct app can now fulfill the role of Satnavs.  A mobile phone does not claim to be connected to a satellite. Sooo.  is it working via a process of triangulation?  If so is that how satnavs have always worked and never connected with a satellite?

The aerial wire runs along the edge of the device hidden behind a steel band

Rog

• Like 1

Dave I use Here Maps.

http://www.androidtipsandhacks.com/android/here-maps-best-satnav-app-android-free/

Pre downloaded maps on the phone & then uses the phone's built in GPS module as Rog explained. The beauty is this app uses no data & can be used in walking, cycling or driving mode. Works very well.

• Like 1