Things you don't see anymore

Socks for gloves

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

Donkey Jackets

On 5/20/2021 at 2:35 AM, Cliff Ton said:

The Richard Greene versions of Robin Hood

Played as the Reds ran out onto the pitch in the sixties led by the great Bobby McKinlay

Do they ever play this at the City Ground now or is it Mull of Kintyre which is a bloody long way from Nottingham?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Albert Brown

Got ya..... Just chatting about him today and I thought of this treadthumbsup

• 3 months later...

In my Grandad's garden was a Damson Tree, Now the garden has gone replaced by flat's.

""Where have all the Damson trees GONE?

""Where have all the Damson's GONE?

On 2/10/2009 at 9:11 AM, denshaw said:

Ice cream vans.

We get the ice cream van every night around 6 00 6 30   and he still plays "Teddy Bears Picnic"

• Like 1

You don't see those little brown envelops with that slip of white paper, thet told you wages, insurance stamp, tax ect.

• 3 weeks later...

With out being sexist most of the answer's would come from our lady members.

Can you remember Love Letter's ? you know that old fashion thing written on paper, placed in an envlope, lick stamp, place in post box.

Well if we wrote a letter to a boy, what did we write on the envelope?  

I.T.A.L.Y.  translated is I trust and love you.

Postman, Postman don't be slow be like Elvis Go Man Go.

there are many, many more.

Can any members remember them?

Now days all you have to do is text, where's the Romance gone?

Do not what to start another, another, another "Things You Don't Anymore" :crazy: 

Got behind a brand new 71 plate BMW he was driving very slow, I mentioned to the youth I was working with, young lad 22 he's probably running it in, he looked @ me gone out, do you still have to run new cars in?  

I had a tortoise as a kid. He was always escaping through the hedge into other gardens. Dad painted Running In, Please Pass on his shell.

• Like 2

Running it in has never been mentioned on my cars for years. It used to be cars had a first service at 500 miles but I think modern engineering standars have done away with all that.

When I bought my first new car, back in the distant past, I'd only had borderline MOT cases previously. I said to the garage owner,when should I book it in for oil change and cylinder head tightening.? He nearly fell off his chair laughing. Cor! You're a bit past it lad, he said.

37 minutes ago, Brew said:

Running it in has never been mentioned on my cars for years. It used to be cars had a first service at 500 miles but I think modern engineering standars have done away with all that.

And a decoke after 8 to 10,000 miles and a full service if you were going to Skeggy. Dozens of grease nipples needed feeding now everything is a sealed for life component checked by a person with surgical gloves and a sharp pencil, all for just £50+ pounds per hour.

Last one was three times that per hour davep and for what? change oil, filters, measure tread depth and a ten second video of the underside of the car...

Main dealers are a total rip off. Now that my car is out of warranty, but has only done 13,000 miles, I will be using an independent for servicing at less than half the price. I bought my current Merc at one year old with just 1,000 miles and it didn’t cost me anything to swap my F Type. In fact they gave me £1,000 with which I bought an electric bike! Mercedes are currently looking for cars to sell because of the new car shortage and they recently offered me quite a bit more than I paid to buy it back. I am considering a hybrid. I often do long round trips which most electric cars won’t safely do on a full charge so a hybrid would be adequate for my local trips and I would have the backup of an engine for longer journeys. I’m tempted to lease rather than buy next time. That’s what most people do  now apparently.

Where did my old Morris8 go reliable easy to maintain a little underpowered, was driving in Derbyshire one day going up Winnets Pass 4 people in the car had to go in reverse for the lower gear ratio but we made it.

Things you don't anymore

Harvest Festival's

Church Parade's   Scouts/Girl Guides/Cubs.Brownies