Harvest Festival's

Church Parade's   Scouts/Girl Guides/Cubs.Brownies

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

We have Harvest Festivals round here and the produce goes afterwards to the local Foodbank and homeless shelter.  
we don’t have ‘Church Parades’ anymore because the uniformed organisations aren’t affiliated to

any of the churches anymore (although some do meet in the church hall every week). 
Even the Guide Promise has been changed,  they no longer say … ‘to do my duty to God and the Queen’

All the uniformed groups, including the Army Cadets do parade on Remembrance Day though

it's the sign of the times MargieH

• 2 weeks later...

Dont know if someone has said this before but can you still get Friars Balsam. Mum used to give it to us on a spoon of sugar for sore throats.

It’s been discontinued like so many products that used to be effective. Perhaps now we’re out of Europe it may return. You can now buy pork chops with a kidney in. They were banned under EEC regs for mixing meat with offal.

• 3 weeks later...

The Age of             Refrigerators: Butcher Shops in Victorian England     

A bit early for Christmas but this was Victorian times and no 'fridges!

Things you don't see any more.            

GPs

these are now an endangerd.

• Like 2

I saw my GP yesterday. Got an appointment the day after Mrs PP phoned the surgery. His health has deteriorated since I last saw him so I gave him some advice!

- I kid you not.

56 minutes ago, PeverilPeril said:

I saw my GP yesterday. Got an appointment the day after Mrs PP phoned the surgery. His health has deteriorated since I last saw him so I gave him some advice!

- I kid you not.

Did you advise him to ring for an appointment to see a doctor?  :rolleyes:

On 11/23/2021 at 8:55 PM, mary1947 said:

Things you don't see any more.            

GPs

these are now an endangerd.

My wife's had had a painful thigh for a week or so and yesterday decided to ring the docs.

Reception said "we're only seeing emergencies and to phone again on Friday when there might be some more doctors on duty"  .

Mystery as to what they are all doing ?

"Just a moment I'll get the ladder!". Its obviously a 'photo shoot' but where did they stack them  at the end of the day?        

Looking closer there's even more, both gable ends are covered with rabbits or hares...