The `Jules et Jim` Cafe off Goosegate

Hey Mick, I actually loaded 3 pictures. The other was a black and white of me playing in 1965. Any idea what happened to it?

Cant remember the setting now, but it may be limited to two images per post.

Try another post here with the missing image.

• 1 year later...

Well, after sputtering around for quite some time, I may have to go back to the early `60s to find someone who actually likes me !!!!.

I had a look last week on Google street view and saw the old site again. It appears to be still a fish shop. I really am hoping to get back there and find out what happened to my model aircraft as well as catching up with some of you. Post or email contact would be good.

Now that Fosters is now British, I guess you can all produce your own `Technicolour Yodel` as Bazza might say.

Regards to all

Andrew

• 8 months later...

I got a suprise phone call from me old mate Stephen Porter the other day. We went to school together (Mundella). He still lives there and he said he would go to the shop and see if the basement stillexists and then have a look for my aeroplane. Wouldn`t it be an absolute buzz if it was still on top of a cupboard all cobwebs and dust after nearly 50 years !!! Still, stranger things have happened.

Cheers to you all.

• 4 years later...

Here we are four years later, another relationship down the gurgler but a nice stable one for the last two years. Maybe I have met my match after all this time (LOL). Stephen Porter and I have communicated quite often but he has not managed to get to the old shop or basement to look for the aircraft at all. Any volunteers?

Carol, what is the situation with Dave Turner now?

I don`t play much these days, my hands don`t want to work as they should.

I am mainly involved with the miniature railway here (Willans Hill Miniature Railway on Facebook) since I was made redundant. I have to keep the old brain working.

Regards to all.

I've seen it mentioned elsewhere on here hippo. Maybe in the Bohemian topic, or the Belvedere.

I have many happy memories of Dave and some of the old gang. 

• 1 year later...

So it would appear. I have viewed it on Google Earth and it certainly looks to be the place. I wonder what happened to the owner Rene and his wife. They used to live on a boat at Gunthorpe Lock.

• 1 year later...

Another year gone by without solid plans to visit. I was really hoping to connect with anyone who frequented the "Jules Et Jim" back in 1963. The older I get, the more formative those years appeared to be for me. Certainly from the point of view of developing my music and playing abilities.

Email address is still the same as it was 20 years ago, and so is my postal address. Even though I have been battling the big "C", I have been planting many of my friends who have crossed the bar (nautical saying). Funerals are not a great place to catch up. Still playing trains though (see Willans Hill Miniature Railway on Facebook). Allison, I still want to catch up if you want to.

Regards and Seasons Greetings to all (it is nearly December).

Andrew

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...