15 hours ago, MRS B said:

I can remember the Gingham Kitchen

Little Chef was great, the Olympic Breakfast was good. I worked for THF  Airport Services when they catered the aircraft out of EMA Charles Forte was such a gent. The one and only time that I got to go on board Concorde without flying on it was just to make sure the catering was ok. I knew it was, just needed an excuse!  Lived in Castle Donington at the time and every time that aircraft got airborne everyone in the village went out of their houses to watch it.

I lived on Concord's  flight path  when living in Surrey, we knew the sound of it approaching and went outside twice a day to watch it come over. Also we took our visitors to Heathrow to watch it take off. This is in the days when you could go on the parking garage roof and watch it. Magnificent sight.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, katyjay said:

I lived on Concord's  flight path  when living in Surrey, 

We live in West Cornwall and Concorde always passed over at about 6pm on it's way to the USA. As it left the mainland and they increased speed , the sonic boom used to rattle everyone's West facing windows.