Time to get a head count. Are you going to the meet-up?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All right everybody, I think I covered every possible answer, now get to it!! !cheers!

I have a real excuse Elaine,I wonder what the other members lame excuses will be ?? pieinface

Well there you go I've Voted..........I was going to Vote Maybe but I kicked her out at the weekend...........

Bip.

All right everybody, I think I covered every possible answer, now get to it!! !cheers!

You missed

I am working 2pm to 10pm, and am on Night stand by/call out, 10pm till 08:00

What a shame Mick - I pre ordered your 2 pints of MILD as well.

And I also arranged for you to drop off into the Peacock on your way back down to Slab Square for a P**s. smile2

Appreciate that Frank.

You mean the New MSB wont be constructed then?

It aint over till the fat lady sings as the say...

Well there you go I've Voted..........I was going to Vote Maybe but I kicked her out at the weekend...........

Bip.

As Pauline Hanson would say "Please explain" ??

Well Caz to cut a long story short she was a large lady, what I saw in her in the first place I'll never know but when I've sank five pints of Harvest pale every female looks a challenge and she certainly was?

Bip.

Bet I looked ok while you were P****d too hey Den ............................LOL! oh well move on love there are more guppies in the sea !yowza!

Beer Goggles!

agoggs3s.jpg

'Beer goggles' effect explained

Image of beers

Alcohol is not the only factor in the beer goggles formula

Scientists believe they have worked out a formula to calculate how "beer goggles" affect a drinker's vision.

The drink-fuelled phenomenon is said to transform supposedly "ugly" people into beauties - until the morning after.

Researchers at Manchester University say while beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder, the amount of alcohol consumed is not the only factor.

Additional factors include the level of light in the pub or club, the drinker's own eyesight and the room's smokiness.

The distance between two people is also a factor.

KEY TO FORMULA

Beer goggles equation

An = number of units of alcohol consumed

S = smokiness of the room (graded from 0-10, where 0 clear air; 10 extremely smoky)

L = luminance of 'person of interest' (candelas per square metre; typically 1 pitch black; 150 as seen in normal room lighting)

Vo = Snellen visual acuity (6/6 normal; 6/12 just meets driving standard)

d = distance from 'person of interest' (metres; 0.5 to 3 metres)

They all add up to make the aesthetically-challenged more attractive, according to the formula.

The formula can work out a final score, ranging from less than one - where there is no beer goggle effect - to more than 100.

Nathan Efron, Professor of Clinical Optometry at the University of Manchester, said: "The beer goggles effect isn't solely dependent on how much alcohol a person consumes, there are other influencing factors at play too.

"For example, someone with normal vision, who has consumed five pints of beer and views a person 1.5 metres away in a fairly smoky and poorly lit room, will score 55, which means they would suffer from a moderate beer goggle effect."

The research was commissioned by eyecare firm Bausch & Lomb PureVision.

A poll showed that 68% of people had regretted giving their phone number to someone to whom they later realised they were not attracted.

A formula rating of less than one means no effect. Between one and 50 the person you would normally find unattractive appears less "visually offensive".

Non-appealing people become suddenly attractive between 51 and 100. At more than 100, someone not considered attractive looks like a super model.

Pretty scarey Mick, all I can say is stay off the HP Den ha ha LOl!!

So you'll be there at 10:15 and I'll buy you a lemonade!!

It will take more than a lemonade to revive him after his trip from Sawley Cali,lift the anti & offer him an Irish coffee lovey hellothere

So you'll be there at 10:15 and I'll buy you a lemonade!!

By the time I get from the Poacher to Derby, Whatever I am going for will be pretty much over?

But all is net yet lost, Quite!

Hey Caz, is Pauleen Hanson really blonde?

I`m in Ladysmith near Wagga. Where are you?

I am trying to plan a trip over to ukland next year but want to try to get in as many reunions that I can. Autumn over there seems to be a popular time and I just love Scotland in winter.

Are we planning a Notts reunion next year?

I will have to see if there is a Mundella one then as well.

Regards Andrew Cole.

(Hey Mick, just remember, beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.)

G'day Andrew

I'm in North East Victoria & lovely it is too. Even though we have no water,it's hot dry & very brown, apart from that we have everything here we could wish for Mate.

How about you, what's Wagga like? it's not that far from my area is it?

I think this should be in Expats,but we will let this one go as it's a carry over from another post !rulez! just don't let Bip know he gets dead bossy when he hasn't taken his medication.................. :Friends:

I went back to UK last year, had a great time & meeting the Notts lot was the highlight of my trip,all lovely honest fun people.

My next trip will be in a couple of years I think? Good luck with your visit,Scotland would be great,haven't been there myself,but it's definately on my to do list B)

How long you been in Oz?

How long you been in Oz?

When someone asks me that question I normally reply "2". They reply two years, and I say "No" "too long".

Alison

Caz, Wagga is very hot and dry. I have at least half of my trees dead, not through lack of water but the leaves are getting burnt with the radiant heat.

Your area sounds good and is only a couple of hours from me about 5 Km down the Tumbarumba road from the Sturt highway.

I transferred the Royal Australian Navy in October 1965 and have been resident here ever since.

Alison, This sunburnt land of ours is still the only true land of opportunity left in the world. Where else could you buy a bush block for less than $500 per acre and still find some water, even if it does snow on you in winter.

I have looked at returning to U.K. to live but the costs are so high. I could not think of being able to live anywhere over there on a pension, I would starve. At least over here I have been able to purchase a couple of run down houses to do up and rent for income. I have no or very little Superannuation to rely on and my kids all expect me to support them as well!!!.

When I said "too long" it was very much tongue in cheek. I was back there in '94 for a year, and again in '99 for six months. Each time I fled back to Oz in order to regain my sanity. There are just too many people there, you can't move for them. It's solid wall-to-wall people everywhere.

1 hour due West of where I live are the Blue Mountains. People get lost up there regularly, and they don't find the bodies for months, even with search teams combing the area for weeks on end.

No, I like having room to breathe.

Alison

Well, getting back to the Meet Up it looks like there will only be 3 of us there if you believe the Poll results.

Com'n, lets have a show of hands !hand!

Good on yer mick. Don't ferget to bring the old empty hot water bottle fer on the way 'ome smile2