Where did you meet your Partner?

Me and the missus met at the Palais, upstairs in the small bar area (?) to the right.

Fancied her mate at first but as she was taller than me so I didn't say owt!

Remember the revolving dance floor in the Bali Hi? and the live band upstairs?

• Like 1
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Met him in the Flying Horse, the downstairs bar on the left.   He was on a Management Course at Ratcliffe College and had come into Nottingham for a night out because of the reputation the city had.  

The first Mrs. L and I used to call this our song.  It is almost a play by play of what happened to us. Me butting in between two girls, seeing her home and then the clincher.   Next night,

First kiss !!!  Still blows my socks off when I think of that.   If I forget everything else i think that would be the last to go.   I swear me ears stood straight up.

Queens drive park when we were about 12/13.

Remember the 'Witches hat' and 'Kings Crown' roundabouts

I hope he did not push you round too fast 'the sick way'

The Witches hat was always the one to watch,didn't the boys love to push it around really fast & make you sick? I remember lots of times kids falling off the roundabout & grazing their legs on the gravel..................ouch!!

• 1 month later...

Met mine when she was the PR girl at Madisons, (now Mode) corner of Wollaton st and Goldsmith st.

She came down to Trent's ofices to ask for a presenter to sit on the panel of judges for "Miss HMS Nottingham" The relationship didnt happen though until a while after when i was guesting as the club DJ, and nursing a broken heart from some cow, that was when i asked her out, all those years ago!

The relationship didnt happen though until a while after when i was guesting as the club DJ, and nursing a broken heart from some cow,

Nice to know you don't hold any grudges Craig LOL !rotfl!

On a bus between Carlton Square & Town, she was with a friends wife.

Then months later at the upstairs Irish Bar on Thurland Street (name?)

I was working in a bar in Ibiza (holiday romance gone wrong (it carried on when I came back for winter)) I was wearing an orange bin liner pretending to be Fred Flintstone (boy did I lose some weight that summer) I passed her a note which read "Hi my names Ian and I smell" (cos of the sweat) well it worked ,best chat up line ever

;)

Ps the stute ? Clifton miners wealfare?

Met mine whilst working behind the bar at Clifton British Legion, she came to the bar for a drink jaggling her jewellry and I thought ' She'll do!' - that was 30 years ago, seems like yesterday, if it were tomorrow I wouldn't go!

Met mine whilst working behind the bar at Clifton British Legion, she came to the bar for a drink jaggling her jewellry and I thought ' She'll do!' - that was 30 years ago, seems like yesterday, if it were tomorrow I wouldn't go!

You know you would be lost without her Pemberton B)

OK Caz - you'r right again but don't tell her that!

Met my husband in May 1967 at the Bowling Alley. He was in a team, I worked p/t behind the bar. Our first date was a Forest match, I'd never been to one before, and wanted to go the Trent End. Boy was that a mistake! I was pushed and shoved and whacked by stray hands going up to cheer. I spent the whole match giving folks dirty looks! LOL

• Like 1

I met Mary through an internet dating service - "Match.com"

It worked great for a couple of old(er) folks - a hell of a lot better than hanging around bars - there are only young "chicks" in the bars! LOL!

I met Mary through an internet dating service - "Match.com"

It worked great for a couple of old(er) folks - a hell of a lot better than hanging around bars - there are only young "chicks" in the bars! LOL!

Was that remark a dig at me Eric mate… B)

I would have you know I like young Chicks in bars the problem is they are not interested in old roosters unless I have paid up front first :angry: .

Ok wipe the tear from your cheek and put away the violins I’m not complaining just making an observation.

The women I do attract now are either to old with a Zimmer frame stowed away under the table or fat and wrinkly and smell of cat pee or carbolic soap.

I'll have a look at that web site Eric. :yahoo:

Bip. :ph34r:

Think your self lucky BIP ;even in my younger days the only women I seemed to attract always had excess baggage in tow (usually 2) if you know what I mean and one of them was invariably half cast. I consider my self very lucky ,in that Tracey was only 22 when we met ,(I was 35) no excess baggage but she was divorced!!!!!!!!!! LOL

;)

Nah, not a dig at you Bip! You hang around bars for the right reason (I think), i.e. to consume your beloved "Harvest Pale"!

I, too, have never had any luck finding suitable ladies in bars - or even night clubs. Seems they always come in two's, and unless you have a blind mate willing to occupy the ugly one, you are stuck!

The phrase when I was at college (in Stoke-on-Trent) was "I don't fancy yours, but mine's not bad!"

By the way, I make beer too! Like you, my brewing seems to be somewhat seasonal, mostly focussed in October/November - and I also prefer the lower alcohol beers. I brew a pretty decent "ordinary" bitter but have had no luck at all with mild. I usually keg my beer (5 US Gallons at a time) but have made a "Cherry Stout" flavored with cherry extract, that I bottled and was a very popular hand-out at work around Christmas!

Met my husband in May 1967 at the Bowling Alley. He was in a team, I worked p/t behind the bar. Our first date was a Forest match, I'd never been to one before, and wanted to go the Trent End. Boy was that a mistake! I was pushed and shoved and whacked by stray hands going up to cheer. I spent the whole match giving folks dirty looks! LOL

How odd Kath!

Would you believe....I met my ex at a Forest match and our first date was at the Bowling Alley!

I used to play in the bowling leagues, and enjoyed it too - but eventually it became very expensive.

IIRC, at its opening in the early 60's the Barker Gate bowl was [at 48 lanes] the biggest in Europe.

Is it still in use?

Cheers

Robt P.