Where did you meet your Partner?

I’ve just Googled it and see the old Oxford has been replaced with a newer building further down. I did drink in that one when I went to the Mellish closing ceremony a few years ago. My wife dropped me off and collected me so I could have a few for old times sake!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Met him in the Flying Horse, the downstairs bar on the left.   He was on a Management Course at Ratcliffe College and had come into Nottingham for a night out because of the reputation the city had.  

The first Mrs. L and I used to call this our song.  It is almost a play by play of what happened to us. Me butting in between two girls, seeing her home and then the clincher.   Next night,

First kiss !!!  Still blows my socks off when I think of that.   If I forget everything else i think that would be the last to go.   I swear me ears stood straight up.

15 hours ago, Beekay said:

Can't say as I can recall my first kiss, it couldn't have been that memorable. What I do remember though was going out with a girl, whose dad was landlord of the Midland hotel, Wollaton Road. She was an identical twin and she and her sister used to swap and I never knew the difference. I must have been about 17.

Good job you didn't try to marry one of 'em BK.  You would never be 100% sure which one it was at the church.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

CT I know a Susan Allen, she was born Nov 1958, might be the same one?

First kiss I remember from Junior school someone dared me to kiss snotty Angela who always seemed to have a cold and snotty nose, yuk.

I had a crush on one of the boys at Berridge. Won't mention his name. He's probably still alive!

He was a rather quiet, serious, good looking, very bright lad. Always well turned out. I don't do bug ugly, raucous, scruffy and thick!

He avoided me like the plague.  In our final year, I bribed a friend to lock us in the class stockroom together. I enticed him in there under some pretext or other and she closed the door and turned the key on the outside. The light switch was also on the outside and it was off, so it was pitch dark in there.

He started to blub! Obviously afraid of the dark. Hmm. Wimp! Someone opened the door and let him out.

He went to Mundella and I went to Manning. Never saw him again.  I'm sure he was eternally grateful for that!

He was an only child which would have meant problems with his mother, inevitably.

We all know about mothers of only sons, don't we girls? Their offspring are never good enough for us!

Edited to add that he was younger than myself by a few months. The only time in my life I've ever looked at a younger chap. Well, given the mental age of most blokes...you get no sense out of them until they are at least 32 and, in some cases, not much even then!

• Like 3

I did have a cat back then, Jill.  Big tabby named Tibbles.

That was my excuse for getting the girlfriend in the house.  The fact that she also met my parents was incidental.  When we married I left the cat with me mam.  :biggrin:

21 hours ago, denshaw said:

CT I know a Susan Allen, she was born Nov 1958, might be the same one?

First kiss I remember from Junior school someone dared me to kiss snotty Angela who always seemed to have a cold and snotty nose, yuk.

Did she have a number 11?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Met the wife working in a shop obviously......our song is Arthurs theme by Christopher Cross....makes us go all mushy..

we started sparking early 80s and this song was on everywhere we went,,,  thanks cliff ton for putting on for me

• 2 years later...

Picked my wife up....literally.  I was a conductor on the 16A out of what was Granby Street. She'd missed the 32 and we were the next one along. She had her young sister with her, who I thought was her daughter, but they sat on the long seat at the back so I was able to chat to them from the back platform. Her sister is 12 years her junior and to this day I still say I married the wrong one ! That was back in 1963, the service was 15.02 from town.

• Like 2