Soul Music Trivia Question

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always believed R Dean Taylor to be the first white male singer on Motown, as I'm certain it was widely publicised in the NME and Melody Maker at the time.

Having enjoyed Motown the Musical last night on a West End stage I ought to be able to answer your quiz questions Ian as the show was based around the life of  Motown founder, Berry Gordy. However the

Ha ha! Both of you are correct factually, but its not the answer.

Stu, afaik, only Barrett out of them has done"Money" although as most Motown fans know, Mr Gordy would very often make all his roster do a version of a track.

The answer is..... .lets say.closer to home

They've all performed on Skeggy Pier ???????????????

No................but who was the DJ bloke that worked at NJD as a mobile jock, and Yates too? Ive been meaning to ask you that for ages.

Well done Stu (again!) Heres another possible quickie! What links The Isley Brothers, The Miracles, Barrett Strong and The Marvellettes?

OK - I reckon they all came over on a motown package tour and played at............the theatre Royal!

Craig, did any one ever mention to you that your idea of easy would be a challenge for a master mind finalist! !congrats!

OK - I reckon they all came over on a motown package tour and played at............the theatre Royal!

Craig, did any one ever mention to you that your idea of easy would be a challenge for a master mind finalist! !congrats!

Sorry Charlie! Having said that, the answer to this question at least is probably easier than you think! Btw, whilst your answer might be right, i dont know, and havent checked, but it isnt the link im after.

A clue seems needed.............................Think cultural!

Neil Harvey ?

Or affectionately known as Elephantman! If it is Neil I dont remember him working for NJD though...............

And Rob, nothing at all to do with Wigan..........Ive given a huge clue, think about it.

Or affectionately known as Elephantman! If it is Neil I dont remember him working for NJD though...............

And Rob, nothing at all to do with Wigan..........Ive given a huge clue, think about it.

Nah it isn't Neil you are thinking of ( I knew him quite well) I just can't think of his name

Nah it isn't Neil you are thinking of ( I knew him quite well) I just can't think of his name

It may be Rob

At 3.11 in the morning I couldn't google owt (I wasn't sure on the track though) As I have mentioned elsewhere I have something stopping me using my search engine anyway

Why don't you downlod lavasofts FREE spyware checker and run it - that might fix your problem!!

C

Sorry Charlie! Having said that, the answer to this question at least is probably easier than you think! Btw, whilst your answer might be right, i dont know, and havent checked, but it isnt the link im after.

A clue seems needed.............................Think cultural!

Cultural!! bu99er me! Do you do obscure for a living?

OK, they are all Black Americans living in Detroit and recording for Motown! But cultural - what? they all like rice and ribs? (there's a question - who recorded that song!) They were all black panthers? They all loved Magic Roundabout? jeez...................Oh - no - I've got it - culture nearer to home!! They were all Nottingham Forest Supporters!!

Cultural!! bu99er me! Do you do obscure for a living?

OK, they are all Black Americans living in Detroit and recording for Motown! But cultural - what? they all like rice and ribs? (there's a question - who recorded that song!) They were all black panthers? They all loved Magic Roundabout? jeez...................Oh - no - I've got it - culture nearer to home!! They were all Nottingham Forest Supporters!!

Ha ha ha! Nice reply, but obviously wrong, especially about the Forest supporters, remember i had a season doing the pitch announcing there!

Joking aside, the clue "cultural" really is a big clue, think what has been in the news fairly recently, with that word in it, and you should start to go in the right direction.

OK - here we go - Cultural - Liverpool - Beatles. And the Beatles covered songs by all these groups!

Now tell me - who recorded Rice and Ribs!

Absolutely spot on, now can i have a go at your question, or shall i leave it for someone else, as i know who did it.