Soul Music Trivia Question

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always believed R Dean Taylor to be the first white male singer on Motown, as I'm certain it was widely publicised in the NME and Melody Maker at the time.

Having enjoyed Motown the Musical last night on a West End stage I ought to be able to answer your quiz questions Ian as the show was based around the life of  Motown founder, Berry Gordy. However the

It was locked for a while yesterday Craig I answered Micheal Jackson but in hindsight???????

Not giving up on you Stu! or anyone else.....but its simple....his initials are sitting there staring at you!!!!

It just takes one little move, and all is clear........come on guys......its dragging on!

In an attempt to expose my total 'soul' knowledge, which could be written in capitals on the back of a postage stamp...

Mama's & Papa's...Brian Wilson etc...??

How do you mean, you can't follow my thinking!

Cheers

Robt P.

Beefy, weve already acknowledged that the singers initials are included in the BMW name.........where does the "J" come from? smile2

Hense the reason I said "But with hind site" ya old mardy bum ya

Is it...gasp...Bobby Womack?

IT IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOORAY! At last From B m W Bobby Womack, and the lateral thinking clue, that Rob almost got, was that BW covered California Dreaming, originally done by mamas and papas.....mothers and fathers..........

Come on then....someone else want to set one so i can have a go?

Well done guys! Rob was certainly going in the right direction, but Stu pulled it off....eventually! That was good, especially as you would not have known about the "coke incidence" (as in cola!) Basically we had just sat down for the interview, and i asked if he would like a drink.......you know the rest! I just hope the boss at Trent isnt reading this, as the same one from back then is still there!

Anyway........another question........maybe i should set one that cant be "googled" again..........? Ok.....got one..Who was the one time receptionist at a record company, who went on to have hits herself? Hmmmm.dead easy i reckon!

Stevie Wonder's ex-missus (who's name for the life of me I can't remember right now) started as a receptionist or secretary with Motown before going on to be a singer and songwriter?

You mean Syreeta......but no....not her

Rick Astley ? He was the teaboy for PWL

Cilla Black ? she was the cloak room girl at the Cavern

Rick Astley ? He was the teaboy for PWL

Cilla Black ? she was the cloak room girl at the Cavern

Beefy, remember there has to be a "soul" link................Mr A, or "Swingin Cyril" (as Ringo used to call her) dont fit that mould.............. Damn it... I could have used that about Cilla in a question somewhere else!

A clue then.........possibly a bit lateral again.............. but it does make sense once you get it....... think of a vegetarian thing, that food and a type of milk is made from.............Once you get that, it gives you the initials of a phrase used to describe the kind of music, and label she was involved with.....there....probably given too much away now!

..................Yes.........................from that you should link to the label, and then, possibly the singer.........?

The phrase 'Sound of Young America' is a random one that jumped into my head. I have no knowledge of what it's about and it wouldn't have unless I looked it up so I should probably bow out of this one, Craig.

OK, one final set of clues.....................1959 was the year the label had its first release, The Beatles were impressed by it........................and during the lady in questions career, the group she fronted, underwent a slight name change..........there! thats given it to you!...............................hasnt it?