Soul Music Trivia Question

If I were a Carpenter - Bobby Darin

Again...................Bobby Darin...a soul singer? Plus, afaik, i dont think he recorded on Atlantic.....did he?

More clues.........There were only a certain amount of artists on Atlantic who had hits in 66. 123 is a clue, and theres also a clue in one reply that mentioned midnight hour, and Wilson Picket

It was a cover of a song released 4 years earlier.................another indirect clue is Calvin Klien...........................

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always believed R Dean Taylor to be the first white male singer on Motown, as I'm certain it was widely publicised in the NME and Melody Maker at the time.

Having enjoyed Motown the Musical last night on a West End stage I ought to be able to answer your quiz questions Ian as the show was based around the life of  Motown founder, Berry Gordy. However the

Im getting bored with this one now........................Ill leave it overnight.....but then spill the beans!

Sorry Craig, just a laugh for me

But let Rob T keep on running

Heinz............. Just like Eddy???????

Time to put this one to bed i reckon..................So.the clues..................Calvin Klien........CK......the initials of the original singer/composer......that was Chris Kenner...................123....................the first 3 words of the song.....................The time clue was a reference to a song by the same singer we were looking for.........hence Midnight Hour by Wilson Pickett...we needed just Mr Picketts name from that clue.................I even told you the label and year........so put that lot together and you get........................

Oh go on then.................you tell me!

PS even Stevie Wonder would be able to get it from all that info!

I remember dancing a round to these two whilst cleaning up at the end of another days graft at Pork Farms (especialy Boxer Beat ,because the Afternoon show on Trent would be on and we used to bang our cleaning implements in time to their infectious Beat Boom Boom the Boxer beat Boom Boom etc "AHH happy days")

I remember dancing a round to these two whilst cleaning up at the end of another days graft at Pork Farms (especialy Boxer Beat ,because the Afternoon show on Trent would be on and we used to bang our cleaning implements in time to their infectious Beat Boom Boom the Boxer beat Boom Boom etc "AHH happy days")

Halcyon days! I was at Trent during this periiod.

Peter Tait (RIP) and I were doing "Radio Trents Electric Gramaphone" (Trents private hire and roadshow disco) Dale, Jon Jon, Len, Steve Merike, LLoydy, and the rest. It was a great period in broadcasting, although it wasnt until GWR took over, that we realised it!

We had Trent on all the time although when all the machinery was going it was very hard to hear , it was only when cleaning down that we got to hear it properly

I remember my first hearings of such tracks as OMD ' Talking Loud and Clear' with it's haunting Oboe solo coming through the ether and of cource my first hearing of Band Aid 'Do they know it's Christmas

As I said "Happy Days "

I remember when Band Aid's song first came out, doing a Trent disco at a social club just round the corner from where Sam Wards garage was (now the Shell place). Anyone know of it and what it was called?

Anyway, back on topic with another soulie type question!....................A simple one too i reckon, but then again, I know the answer!

Amen Corner did a cover of a storming Northern track, although at the time the phrase Northern wasnt used, anyway 2 or 3 Americans did versions of the song, can you name it, and any of the folk who recorded it?

The Poldava was the club (Or the Polish club as it was more commonly known)

Now then Amen Corner???? Andy Fairweather Low eh ,Bend me, shape me, or High in the sky

Anyway, back on topic with another soulie type question!....................A simple one too i reckon, but then again, I know the answer!

Amen Corner did a cover of a storming Northern track, although at the time the phrase Northern wasnt used, anyway 2 or 3 Americans did versions of the song, can you name it, and any of the folk who recorded it?

I struck lucky on this one and think I might know it, Craig - I've got it by both American artists that you mention, Darrell Banks and J J Barnes. I also really like Amen Corner' stuff and I think this song is Our Love (Is In The Pocket).

I like Darrell's version best.

!jumping!

I struck lucky on this one and think I might know it, Craig - I've got it by both American artists that you mention, Darrell Banks and J J Barnes. I also really like Amen Corner' stuff and I think this song is Our Love (Is In The Pocket).

I like Darrell's version best.

!jumping!

Kurrrrrect!!!! !congrats!