Soul Music Trivia Question

Well, I don't want to be too obscure :biggrin: but if I make it too easy, there's no fun in it.

OK - the answer is a guy and a new version of a backing band that belonged to perhaps the most famous soul singer of them all.

The guy's first name is the same as that of a famous stone-age cartoon character

I'll do a clue for the second name when someone knows this one!

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always believed R Dean Taylor to be the first white male singer on Motown, as I'm certain it was widely publicised in the NME and Melody Maker at the time.

Having enjoyed Motown the Musical last night on a West End stage I ought to be able to answer your quiz questions Ian as the show was based around the life of  Motown founder, Berry Gordy. However the

Well, I don't want to be too obscure :biggrin: but if I make it too easy, there's no fun in it.

OK - the answer is a guy and a new version of a backing band that belonged to perhaps the most famous soul singer of them all.

The guy's first name is the same as that of a famous stone-age cartoon character

I'll do a clue for the second name when someone knows this one!

Me sir me sir me sir!!!!!!!!!

Actually, i gave a bit of a clue in my last post

And my answer is..........Barny and the BJ's!!!!!!!! Sorry Charlie, couldnt resist that!

I knew someone would...............

OK, how about this. Willma and the wws

There is a clue there!

But anyway if you know the surname of the guy who started the methodist church then you know the the surname of the guy who fronted the band who made the record! If you can figure out which of the stone-age characters first names to use then you have the whole of htis guys name!!

Is this really too obscure?

I knew someone would...............

OK, how about this. Willma and the wws

There is a clue there!

But anyway if you know the surname of the guy who started the methodist church then you know the the surname of the guy who fronted the band who made the record! If you can figure out which of the stone-age characters first names to use then you have the whole of htis guys name!!

Yes.

It is.

For anyone wIthout a thorough knowledge of the genre of music the man/group in question perform, finding the answer is like finding rocking horse poo...or being bitten by a daffodil....or platting steam......................

At least i use names that everyone has heard of! smile2

Okay I got the name from this.

Fred Flintstone

John Wesley

Fred Wesley - who I know was one of James Brown's musicians. Above that I don't know the song at all so it's a hollow victory!

I had just worked it out to Fred Wesley but I had never heard of him either (or the song)

The title sounds more like a reggae track to me

It is indeed Fred Wesley and the NEW JBs!

Ribs and rice is one of the better funk tracks of the 70s - it really, really rocks!

So good I went thru my whole career to date without ever playing it! smile2

Now then superjock! That may be the case but in the clubs they absolutely loved it especially when followed by Lynn Collins! it's not too late to try it out now!

Truth is, I wasnt jocking when it was first released in 75, and i recall it being a b side? not that that makes any difference, but it was "before my time!" ;)

Amazing isnt it.......you let someone else do a question, then they take over and set ones that are even more cryptic than your own!!!!

Nice one Charlie, but the truth is, apart from Jess being with The Alan Bown Set, i have no idea other than saying have they both recorded "When you wish upon a star" iknow L.A did......?

Jess Roden was with The Alan Bown! who covered Little Anthony and The Imperials "Gonna Fix You Good" and also recorded "Toyland" ?

Did you really know about "Toyland"? or did Mr Google help you? smile2

I saw the band, and have a number of their songs, but wasnt aware of that track!

Did you really know about "Toyland"? or did Mr Google help you? smile2

I saw the band, and have a number of their songs, but wasnt aware of that track!

I knew the track but wasn't sure if that was the "Toyland" Charlie were referring to in his clue. We shall see I hope!

See - it was easy peasy!

Their version of 'Gonna Fix you good' is very OK. I saw the band loads of times in the 60s. They went down the toilet after Jess left. Come to think of it Jess went down the toilet too!

Bsteak -f you're related by marriage does that mean thet he is SWMBO? Wow! I think he became a record producer. Tell him/her someone remembers him at the Place and that his band was AWESOME!

So - who's next? Unless someone wants to tell me which-one-hit wonder band covered Toyland - but I think they called it Toys. It's important to stay calm while you think about this..............

Or we could let Craig have his ball back!

Charlie, I thought you were going to do another question........anyway, if not, heres a quick one i just thought up........

Which soul came over here in the 60's with the USAF, and stayed, having a few hits in the charts at the time? He was on the same bill as our much discussed chum Alan Bown at one venue which I wont mention....too many clues!

Is Geno Washington the name you're looking for?

I might have known smart arse Stu would get it straight away!

The gig I mention Geno being on the same bill as Alan Bown was the Marquee in 66, with a certain Mr Hendrix there too.

Anyway, another question before I go and do my long 2 1/2 hour gig..... A certain glam rock artist used an unknown session singer on backing vocals on one of his songs, name 'em both...and the song?

Marc Bolan....... Elton John....Hot Love

(just give me the prize now and I'll be on my way)

By the way I knew Geno Washington too ( I think we discussed it else where on here a short while ago, cos didn't Edwin Starr do the same sort of thing) but I have been busy this morning (trying to shift a hangover)