Soul Music Trivia Question

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always believed R Dean Taylor to be the first white male singer on Motown, as I'm certain it was widely publicised in the NME and Melody Maker at the time.

Having enjoyed Motown the Musical last night on a West End stage I ought to be able to answer your quiz questions Ian as the show was based around the life of  Motown founder, Berry Gordy. However the

Dolly Parton?

This is a genuine answer as I vaguely recollect her doing some reggae stuff in the late 90's early 2000's as for the Northern I don't know

I remember a couple of years ago a a famous old singer doing something about " A Raggamuffin stylie" is it him? (I can't for the life of me remember his name.

I remember a couple of years ago a a famous old singer doing something about " A Raggamuffin stylie" is it him? (I can't for the life of me remember his name.

Willie Nelson did some reggae-ish stuff as well as country. But I doubt that he did any Northern Soul.

Another clue........His middle name, which he didnt use, is the same as a fairly local area, albeit spelt differently. Get that and your cooking with gas, theres a big clue in that last remark too.

Another clue........His middle name, which he didnt use, is the same as a fairly local area, albeit spelt differently. Get that and your cooking with gas, theres a big clue in that last remark too.

James Kirby-in-Ashfield Brown?

Ha ha! Nice one....but wrong.....bit more of a clue, its a city that we're talking about, sounds the same as his name, but spelt differently.Dont forget it didnt appear in his stage name.

Is that any clearer?

Another hidden clue there too!

Ha ha! Nice one....but wrong.....bit more of a clue, its a city that we're talking about, sounds the same as his name, but spelt differently.Dont forget it didnt appear in his stage name.

Is that any clearer?

Another hidden clue there too!

Lester-Leicester?

Not much help though if he didn't use the middle name!

I'm thinking that the reggae part of this one might be the key. There can't be too many singers from Texas that have sung in that idiom.

Lester-Leicester?

Not much help though if he didn't use the middle name!

I'm thinking that the reggae part of this one might be the key. There can't be too many singers from Texas that have sung in that idiom.

Afaik, hes the only one. Keep up the good work, you are clearly on the right track......and dont now say Billy Butler!

Theres another clue in that previous sentence!!

By the way ,Craig, , Just messed around and Waylon Jennings middle name is Arnold.I went for the Jennings and Derbyshire thing regarding the Butler thing

Sorry to change the subject slightly Craig ,but have you seen the video for the number one on the download chart, Mercy by Duffy, Full of northern dance moves Pharoe spins ,back flips,swallow dives etc (brought back some memories I can tell you

I wouldn't say it's a 'northern' track though, she sounds like Amy Winehouse singing that 'Funky Green Dogs' track from 96 "Fired Up"

I have tried to link it to you tube (It is on there ) but there is no URL on the video at the moment