Zhivago's night club Nottingham

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to most of the Nottingham clubs - but I always preferred Huchnall Welfare! Susyshoes - didn't you find that the Welly had such a great buzz? If you were there when Heatwave played then maybe

Ooo I'd love to see the pictures but the link is taking me to something called skydrive and I have to log in. Is there anywhere else I can see the photos. GREAT memories for me!!!

As deep as this. The bottom of the Clock Tower is in the centre, and Milton Street / Trinity Square on the right.

18 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

I don't think there was anything in particular. It was a boring, solid concrete wall around the outside of the building, and the nightclub was behind that wall.

In fact if you look at the 3rd photo down in this link - from the mid -70s - there doesn't seem to be anything in that location. Looks like the nightclub was added later.

https://westbridgfordwire.com/pictures-victoria-centre-team-unearths-50-years-of-memories/

That makes sense, remember having to go upstairs, that's where the toilets were located.

Can't access link.. regarding 3rd photo, wasn't there a pub here at one time?

15 hours ago, Stuart.C said:

This is plan of the shops in 1973

Thank You Stuart

Thought I was about to find the name of a toy shop, thats bugged me for ages, but alas no..

Located where Samuel Pepys is on the map.

So many unfamiliar names for me, did Zodiac become nonsuch?

I notice there's a Stuart's on there?

Thanks again

5 hours ago, HSR said:

wasn't there a pub here at one time?

Not sure where you're referring to.

The nearest pub to Intercon/Tiffanys/Zhivagos was just to the left, and is still a pub today - https://goo.gl/maps/uc8PaYWX4YDRLnfS9

And further along Milton Street there was also the New Welbeck which was in one of these units.   https://goo.gl/maps/Ag7cM1H2QtUhQFKfA

19 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

The nearest pub to Intercon/Tiffanys/Zhivagos was just to the left, and is still a pub today

Recall seeing a pub on old photos..

Can't place it, did it have a main St presence?

I'd of been making a b line for the Yorker!

Glad to see the Peacock reopening, hope it gets the original signage back.:angry:

Heyup C.T, how long have those trees been on the pavements on Milton Street? Can't say I've ever seen them afore. Mind you, I've not been in that area for many years. What a sheltered life I lead.

On 2/20/2023 at 4:49 PM, Stuart.C said:

Judging by the Y'S, this was taken when Tiffanys was there.

Is that the door to Intercon, Tiffanys, Zhivagos to the left of the newsagent window?

(picture from facbook Nottm Hidden History, no credit shown)

rsF2P3U.png

What is that grand looking brick red walled building ? Looks slightly out of place.

• On 2/20/2023 at 8:49 AM, Stuart.C said:

Is that the door to Intercon, Tiffanys, Zhivagos to the left of the newsagent window?

• Yes, that's it, Stuart
  • how I remember, go downstairs, an alcove with an L shaped bar on the right, on the left a wooden dancefloor, with a small balcony, slightly above this, the toilets.
  •  
  • The bands I saw played the length of the room, if there was a stage, it was a temporary low addition. 

They were nowhere of the calibre of Thin Lizzy

Yes all bands play fleapits's, but the room wasn't being utiized as a band venue.

Makes you wonder if it had been knocked about by 'Tiffanys'.

These 'rock nights' didn't last long and on reflection, it was definitely a Tuesday..

Metal Mickey down the Palais on a Monday!