sniffadawg

Zhivago's night club Nottingham

Just thinking also..if you go down the ramp at the side of the Irish boozer...you get an idea of how deep the club was.

Cliff Ton    5,982

As deep as this. The bottom of the Clock Tower is in the centre, and Milton Street / Trinity Square on the right.

victoria.jpg

• Upvote 1

FLY2    7,747

Nice pic, but absolute sacrilege and unadulterated vandalism in the extreme.

....    13

That is quite an amazing shot with the clock tower perched there. I suppose that arch work must still be buried under there! :)

crankypig    367

I may be wrong but was zhivagos sometimes used in the daytime for a kids disco called the annabell bear club?or was that somewhere else.

It was Cranky,panto stars sometimes visited.

When I look at Cliffs photograph..I remember playing on the turntable and bombing down that ramp in my trolley, plastered with 'savings bug' stickers from Northern Rock..managed to lift a Nottm Vic sign..still has pride of place above the HiFi.

Very sad,looking at that pic..

susyshoes    69

So it was to the left of the clock tower? I really thought it was further down Milton street. Not sure where I got that from . Never even noticed that ramp next to Irish pub.

I'd still like to know what's down there now!

susyshoes    69

Rarely come on now , but still enjoy catching up. Nice to be remembered

• Upvote 1

mercurydancer    837

I recall very well Tiffanys. Bilborough College had some nights in that place*. It was indeed down some steps off to the right of the entrance. It was surprisingly cavernous.

*If anyone remembers the "In the Navy" pop mime it was absolutely nothing to do with me. I deny it completely. It was not me in the kilt.

sallyshoes    17

I went to most of the Nottingham clubs - but I always preferred Huchnall Welfare!

Susyshoes - didn't you find that the Welly had such a great buzz?

If you were there when Heatwave played then maybe you remember Katie Kookaburra (she used this surname as a joke - though some of the guys didn't get it).

I didn't realise at the time how significant this person would turn out to be - maybe a future post for that.

Katie was there with two friends - all three were D.D.G. and were getting male attention all night.

I think most of the Hucknall girls were a bit teed-off.

If I remember correctly a guy (Tony Spinks I think) came over to me raving about 'three girls not from Hucknall'.

A daft little memory - but it always makes me smile.

• Upvote 2

susyshoes    69

Hi sallyshoes I loved the welfare , spent many a Wednesday and Friday night there. What's DDG? Lol and I don't remember katie kookaburra , not doing very well am I . Still trying to work out who you are as we must have both been at holgate grammar at the same time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

susyshoes    69

Dohhhh!!! Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes Cliff,Brian was a long time mate,his ventures were grub/club and dub!..that's what I used to josh him with!!

Went to see him shortly before his passing- Record Collector kindly published my obituary..