The Last Nottingham Trolley Bus

First time I've ever looked for a photo of the Pelham Street shop, and surprisingly there is one - just.

pelham_zpszb7bxqp7.jpg

pinched this from the Beecrofts thread. I think the shop with the glass case was next door to Beecrofts.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another view of the last trolley bus in its last days.  On Parliament Street next to the Old Dog & Partridge, which is still there largely unchanged - as well as the Baptist Church further along.

Everybody was right.   Looking in old telephone directories, D & A Stationers were at 22 Lower Parliament St.   And that was between the garage and the church, before Sai

As 30th June marks the 50th anniversary of the last trolleybus service in Nottingham, perhaps NCT could repaint one of the Yellow Line double deckers into the green and cream livery used by the trolle

J & H Bell Ltd at the top of Carlton Street was one my go to shops for stationery equipment, and being HMSO suppliers, as Jill mentions, stocked the full range of OS maps.

Bells promoted themselves as Printers, Bookbinders and Booksellers and at one time in their past also had a private circulating library, although I don't know what form this took.

They were a long standing Nottingham firm having been established in 1800.

I can smell that wonderful fragrance of new paper and books even now !

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

ere was a shop on Friar Lane which had a marble fascia and my sister always embarrassed us, around the early 60s, by impersonating Harry Worth's antics with his arm and leg!  We just used to walk away and pretend we didn't know her!  ;)

Jill, I suspect that your sister was just one of many. Dad always did this too. First pantomime that at I went to see at the Theatre Royal starred Harry Worth in Babes in the Wood, would have been 1969, 1970 or 1971.