• 2 weeks later...

A good group in their time though never saw them live.

Really liked 'My Generation'. Made me laugh because Mum used to tut at them

and the song. :yahoo:

Roger Daltry played a good role, opposite Twiggy in 'The Little Match Girl', a TV

Christmas adaptaton of the fairy story, quite a few years ago now.

2 years later Cliff Rchard had a No. 1 hit with one of the songs from that adaptation - 'Mistletoe and Wine' - great drama, sad yet so many good songs from Roger, Twiggy and others.

• 2 weeks later...

Meet the Noo Who!

Zimmer1DM_468x325.jpg

With a combined age of more than 3,000 years, they are not the most obvious rock 'n' rollers.

But these pensioners are causing a big s-s-sensation.

Brought together for a TV documentary, they have attracted a cult following after recording a version of The Who's My Generation and are destined for chart stardom.

The group, who are 40 in number and call themselves The Zimmers, pulled in an audience of 20,000 within a couple days of posting their video on the websites YouTube and MySpace.

The Zimmers AKA The Noo Who

• 6 months later...

Great credit to The Zimmers and good luck to them. They make an important point for older folk in a fun (and ironic!) way.

I was a massive Who fan going back a bit. I was lucky enough to see them three times when they were arguably at their best. Firstly at Leicester Granby Halls in around '74/5, then their immense second concert at Charlton football stadium appearing with the Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Little Feat, The Outlaws and Streetwalkers. I then saw them at Granby Halls again a couple of years later.

The Who were the ultimate live band. It's pretty difficult to describe just how good they were in those days. You just couldn't take your eyes off them on stage. There's rarely ever been a band that could touch them live.

Why weren't you in the Balti tonight Nick?

Balti why what was on ? Not been in the Balti for over a year since Mrs Red was nearly killed by the incompetent QMC medical surgeons ( intensive care / high dependency unit etc ) she has to watch what she eats so a curry blast is no longer on our menu , sad to say .

I do refrain from going anywhere when I'm out with the lads & had a few , that i could be recognized or identified !!!

So next time your in give Sam & Bash my kind regards .

I was in there a couple of thursdays ago, they make curry the way it used to be 30 years ago, which i really like!

I notice though, that to say its hardly the "poshest" place in town, the prices arent exactly in line with the, shall i say, slightly less posh surroundings! Having said that, id sooner eat there than most places in town!

Its still got the same two Murals, one a mountain view, the other a beach,

That I remember from the 70's. I think the Air con would even be a challenge for Frank!

• 1 month later...
I was in there a couple of thursdays ago, they make curry the way it used to be 30 years ago, which i really like!

I notice though, that to say its hardly the "poshest" place in town, the prices arent exactly in line with the, shall i say, slightly less posh surroundings! Having said that, id sooner eat there than most places in town!

Actually - at the curry house near me they're still serving curry that they made 30 years ago - they reckon it heats up with age. !hungr!

• 5 years later...

Saw the Who in concert 1971 - Saratoga, New York - Mylon and his Holy Smoke Band opened the show. After Mylon, the Who sounded like a high school band on a Sunday afternoon in the park. I was 15 and hitch-hiked home. Mylon rocked - the Who were just loud - and I liked about six songs.

Thanks for the Zimmers - Great! Real and my kind of population of people in need of fun and life.

Respect and Love them all. On youtube - The Zimmers go to Hollywood parts 1 - 3 enjoy.

In 1954, my parents were living at 54 Chaplin Road, Wembley when I was born in the Central Middlesex Hospital. Keith Moon (8) was living just up the road at number 134. He was born in the same hospital. I never knew until I read his biography a couple of years ago! We moved to Nottingham a year later.

More recently Roger Daltrey lives in Sussex, about 6 miles from me - here - next to his fishery.

Hello Sussexred - I do know from talking with Leo Lyons of Ten Years After that Roger has a home studio there, Mylon, Leo, Alvin I know were there and recorded some things with Roger. We it Under A Raging Moon maybe.....seems to ring a bell for some reason.

A few months ago I was doing research about Keith - Keith was just Keith...is all I can say about him - never knew him personally.

I once asked Ric Lee - drummer for Ten Years After - why he had such a hard time staying on the drum stool at the Isle of Wight Festival?

His simple answer was, I was drinking with Keith Moon! Answers that question.....Ric made me laugh with the details of the event.

I can tell you this, Ric has written a book and it will be released very soon....I for one am looking forward to it. He has an excellent memory and is a good story teller - trust me on this, have spent many hours with the band over the last 12 yearss, and still counting.

Dave

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

Just my opinion - the re-mastered WHO - LIVE AT LEEDS - is fantastic - brilliant sound all the way through.

Just checked, and in October, it will be 30 years since I saw them play at Stoke.

One main memory is that the ringing in my ears lasted a couple of days - longer than any other band I saw live, including Led Zeppelin.