Nottstalgia Meet Up arrangements.

I am hoping to get to the Poacher about 8pm on Friday.

Expect it to be quite busy. How will new members know us.

Den

Give us a scan of the loud tie you will be wearing, then they can look out fer it?

It's very small Den ,you won't have any problem finding any one,just look for the man with the beard & a parrot on his shoulder iknow

Sorry to disappoint but flymo gone.

No tie either unless I haven’t got a clean string vest to put on, that’s if I haven’t packed them away too.

No parrot sorry or wooden leg even eye patch, what a mess I’m in.

I shall be there round about nine-ish due to me tanking up before hand to face Chrissie. I’ve still yet to find a crucifix, got me garlic.

I’ll be the one with the red nose.

Bip.

Hi Den!

Can you not wear that tie please .............LOL

Have a good time tonight & say hi to Elaine for me lips0lips0

And why not I think it's quite smart.

As the night passes and the HP goes down more readily the tie becomes a essential part of my being.

I'll do better than say hello XXXXXXXX

Bip.

Hey you watch yourself Den, Cali gal has a very attractive,young husband. Keep yer hands to yerself ya detty sod !yowza!

Hey Den don't knock yourself me duck,none of us are perfect & most of us on here are a little worse for wear...................!

My sister may pop in, she & her partner do the pubs on Mansfield rd on a friday evening,say hi to her from her big sister Caz lips0 She went to Roland Green, so you may recognise her,another Meadows gal. Enjoy! & lots of pictures too please.

Not taking camera Caz was out shot last time by Mysterious the top MI5 photojournalist for the peoples republic of Bulgaria free ads paper.

Shall keep me eye out for her though, you never know with her she might be the old bloke in the corner who looks as if he’s wearing a syrup of figs, false moustache and x-ray glasses. Dirty ba5tard.

Bip.

Hey Gang how did last night go was it a party or what?? did my sis go?

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone notice I wasn't there? That would be because we took 3 days to get to England!! We left our house at 4am Wednesday morning (California time), we didn't get to Manchester till about 8 Friday night. After getting lost trying to get out of Manchester, we finally got to our hotel in Alfreton at about 9:30, and at that point we hadn't eaten all day and had been awake for about 31 hours (the kids slept on the plane but Dan and I didn't). Suggestion to all.....never ever ever ever ever ever fly on United. We missed our connection in Chicago since they chewed up an hour and a half of shuffling passengers off and on the plane (something about the plane being too heavy??) Then they blamed the weather for the delay so that they wouldn't be responsible, therefore they wouldn't put us up in a hotel for the night!!! They finally got us on another flight Thursday evening that had a 7 hour layover in London!!!! (and yes, I'm aware that it's only about a 3 1/2 hour drive from there) So needless to say, we weren't ready for a night out at that point...

Sorry to hear of your lengthy travel problems. We flew United once from Gatwick to NY - never again!! we travelled all the way down to Gatwick on a Friday after work and stayed in an airport hotel as the flight should have been at 8:30am Saturday morning.

Well, the flight was delayed until 5:30 Saturday night and then it stopped off at Manchester to pick up passengers :Shock:

We could have saved the hotel cost, travel to gatwick and had all day at home before travelling up to manchester to catch the teatime flight :angry: we then landed in Canada for refuelling at 1:00am local in thick fog, we were turfed off the plane while it refuelled but the terminal was closed for the night (freezing fog as well while dressed in summer clothes) - as you say Elaine - never again. !rulez!

Anyway, while you are here, are we having another meet??

We always fly BA direct into London, saves all the worry of making a connection over here, usually way back east where the weather is iffy, and they don't tend to lose your luggage if you don't change planes. Before BA started the Phoenix-London flight we had to change, and we nearly always lost a suitcase.

Did I forget to mention the lost luggage???!!! My kids wore the same clothes for 5 days straight!!! Don't worry though, we did go to Asda and at least buy them some socks and underwear once we finally got to Manchester!! We finally got their bag Sunday night, then Monday morning we gave them the bag back for the flight to Scotland!! (It arrived with us that time!)

And Frank, I've been home for a week now, why don't you all fly to Sacramento and we'll have a bash here!!! You can bring your sleeping bags and camp out in my living room!!! ;)

And Frank, I've been home for a week now, why don't you all fly to Sacramento and we'll have a bash here!!!

Any excuse for a BEER me smile2