New Market Square Celebration!

I walked up throught the Square about 8 last night.

There were about six stewards stood round at the bottom of Exchange walk and

I could hear a band playing on the square.

The top of exchange walk was screened off with mesh fencing (crowd control)

As I passed through I could see similar groups of steward. Scattered about the square. Police transits with coppers, and Ambulances from NHS & St Johns.

All the groups of officials appeared to be redundant?

There were temporay buildings and blocks of toilets, which had been erected.

The band that was playing, not my taste, I add. Hip Hop!, was trying to stir a

crowd of about 100-150 people into action. There were crowd barriers all around,

but no crowds?

Upon my return at about 10:40pm. I walked down Clumber street, but could hear

no music, But having imbibed some kind of dark beer and a J2O substitute, I

gladly remembered the temporary bog! But arrived to find it closed due to lack of use!

The crowd had by now dwindled somewhat, but had become more vocal, probably

due to intake of alcohol or other substances?

I noticed as my other half did walking across the square the other day, that there

are some temporary notices up at the corners nearest the council house, warning

'MIND THE STEP'. Another design Faux Pas, I think?

I wonder how much this opening celebration cost the Nottingham Taxpayer?

I am just in the process of painting our ensuite & bedroom in the pink that is featured on the Market Sq pics what do you think?? pretty out there hey?

• 14 years later...

This is what I love about Nottingham

Engerrland Engerrland La La La Engerrland Engerrland La La La Engerrland Engerrland La La La Engerrland Engerrland La La La  Engerrland Engerrland La La La Engerrland Engerrland La La La Engerrland Engerrland La La La Engerrland Engerrland La La La Engerrland Engerrland La La La

englandflagenglandflag

E5IbjuHXoAUnNQ9?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

Celebrations are healthy and everyone must celebrate what they believe in but please please wear your masks in view of your present covid situation. Keep going around without and expect higher numbers. Mock the Italians if you wish but we have very low numbers and deaths due to people respecting rules. We can go outdoors without masks but still required indoors. No one likes it but its worked with a bit of forethought. Today people are still wearing their masks in every situation because they respect rules and have respect for others.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Unfortunately your plea will fall of deaf ears nonna and sad to say masks will not prevent ignorance, stupidity or the disrespect of others. The authorities must share some of the blame though, weddings can have 30 people, morons chanting football slogans 30, 000 or more...

As a wise man has noted recently "intelligence can be a long time coming"...   :blink:

• Like 2

Seeing the activities on the news it just proves that certain members of thhe public are their own worst enemies. In the current situation they are also everybodies elses worst enemy. Covid is not going to go away so we are going to have to modify how we live to cope with it. The sooner people get this into their heads the easier it will be for all of us.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Brew as soon as I posted I knew it would fall on deaf ears because no one takes the least bit notice of advice given. They would sooner go without masks and social distancing to prove they wont get anything. Then wondering why and how they have got covid. Do they think its manly or intelligent not to obey the rules. Not only men but women and younger people too who dont seem to care. I think nursery children are more intelligent.

• Like 1

Just a query, what are if any the restrictions on entering UK and Scotland. Also I believe a passport is required.

Depends where you are coming from. Either certificate to prove you are OK or quarantine @£1750 a go from some countries which in my view was impemented far too late. Especially from INDIA.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hey, Catfan, would I need to produce a sustificate to come North, from dahn sarf. At least I no longer have to show me passport when crossing the Thames. :rolleyes: Mary1947 is waiting for me.

CF sorry forgot to say why. My brother in laws family live in Scotland. They live in France and wanted to visit their daughter. They thought it simple to travel from France to Scotland but there was some complication so then they thought fly to Nottingham hire a car and drive up. Personally I think its a bit risky because his wife had an operation a few years ago to remove a tumor from her brain, she is very unstable in lots of ways and risking going to UK with still high results for covid may be too unhealthy for her. A long journey by car is worrying as she doesn't travel well either. I think she has problems visiting her other daughter, still in France but nearer to the Spanish border. I don't think they have passports either because I think France like Italy have ID's. The news here although we do get news from UK doesn't go into details. I don't know when they want to travel. Thanks for some info.

Nonna, you needn't take any notice of me but if I were you, I'd try and dissuade your inlaws to hang on for a while. Looking at the amount of morons who are forever mixing together, whether here or Scotland, it'll be a while before things settle down to some form of normality. Your inlaws will for a start be travelling in a steel tube, confined and then travelling cross country through high risk areas.

The poor lady already has odds stacked against her, so she will be vunerable. Take care, Beekay. 

• Like 1

Re; Wimbledon....and probably other places.

I know someone who is at Wimbledon, and she posted this information regarding people who are there.

0TpY3rN.jpg

It's probably one of the safest places to be.

• Like 1

Good news about Wimbledon but just now on tv its says that 11,000 Italians are already at Wimbledon and my husband heard that Italians weren't being allowed in. :( A bit confusing but lets hope everything goes well. 

BK officially we dont know about my bil wanting to go to Scotland . He apparently told his elder sister who passed it on. No doubt he didn't say anything to my husband for fear of dissuading him. 

2 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

I'm pleased to see that, after all that, no one will be permitted to go to sleep! ;)

I hadn't noticed that !  I only copied someone else's FB post without proof-reading it.

Before anyone corrects me. Wimbledon is tennis and Wembley is football. Seeing Kath's post put wimbledon in mind when i was talking about Wembley. If you follow me.