New Market Square Celebration!

Covid or not Footballs Coming Home , Ive got a tenner on Italy , the Missus got  tenner on Danes ; we both want England to win  WIN WIN WIN situation pity our reps at Wimbledon couldn't do better . 

• Like 1

Please can some member explain to me why is it called "New Market Square" even "Old Market Square"  must addmit When any body mentioned "Slab Square" I do know this one.

Newmarket Pub and Old Market Square or Slab Square for me

Annesley,  your poor missus has lost her tenner,, bless her. Are you going to reimburse her?

13 hours ago, Annesley Red said:

Newmarket Pub and Old Market Square or Slab Square for me

New Market Pub do you mean the one on Lower Parliament st?

On 7/8/2021 at 8:56 PM, mary1947 said:

New Market Pub do you mean the one on Lower Parliament st?

Yes

On 7/8/2021 at 9:30 AM, Beekay said:

Annesley,  your poor missus has lost her tenner,, bless her. Are you going to reimburse her?

Unfortunately I won with Italy but it would have been worth that to see us win it. 

• Like 1

Theres a photo on FB of the english players taking off their medals because they dont know how to lose and theres a photo of the Italian tennis player who lost. He accepted his 2 nd prize with pride.  Shows the difference. I'm fedup of all the criticism on the Italians and of the insults on the English. 

I wondered what that was all about? Sadly, it was no more than what we've come to expect.

At least we matched them in normal and extra time. I don't class a team as winners when its a penalty shoot out. They should be banned in a final.

Penalty shootouts, they might as well choose 10 blokes from the stands at opposing sides. You don't need skill for that.