What Artists Have You Seen In Nottingham.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have seen Rolling Stones many times including at the park in London, Long John Baldry, Billy J Kramer, Amen Corner, Bill Haley & Comets, Gene Pitney, Dusty Springfield, The Animals, Small Faces,

Ian, for you and anyone else interested. We went to the Albert Hall and had a good night there. The hall was full and we sat way high in the top seats with excellent view of what was happening. Still

Two best ever gigs - Ian Dury at Rock City 1999 & Cream in the refectory at Nottingham Regional College of Technology early 1967. Same place for Jethro Tull. Once saw Tyrannosaurus Rex as a two ma

Changed a bit since them days 'carnie' ,alot of 'ethnics' moved up there,even Geordies, lol.

I wouldn't know who's in it these days. The last big story line that I watched was the Plane Crash. I used to settle down with my Cuppa Char and Parkies and it was the highlight of my day. Sad. Lol.

The Beatles, The Shadows, Joe Brown, Roy Orbison, Tammy Wynette, George Jones. Wizard.

Lots more I can't recall at the moment...

Like Smiffy, it would be simpler to list those I DIDN'T see perform in the 60s and early 70s. I was always at Dungeon, Sherwood Rooms, Beachcomber, Boat Clubs, Slipper and still had enough money left to go on a 2 week Spanish holiday every year.

• Upvote 1

Carefull with your money I take it then Lizzie.

That's good enough. Mine went on beer, LP's, cars oh, and holidays. Always spent what I had though.

On holiday in Spain called at the beach café there sat George Best he was one of the nicest person's you could wish to meet. Next night he came along (not walking in a straight line) pumps in his hand, tried to put them on, in the end hubbie put them on for him then off he went to his hotel. (hopefully)

• Upvote 1

#36 mary1947

spent 10 mins with George Best in the players lounge at Peterborough FC in the 70s,what a lovely bloke.

I thought this topic was about musical artists, not pi55 artists !!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Defender tour a few years previously . One of my best gigs EVER !!!!!!

I have seen many live acts in Nottingham over the years so here we go.

Gene Pitney

Edwin Starr

Temptations

Gladys Knight

Blondie

Stevie Wonder

Eddie Floyd

Geno Washington

Selector

Ivy League

Junior Walker

Some of them on more than one occasion and a few more whose name escapes me at the moment.