What Artists Have You Seen In Nottingham.

For those interested, Halfway To Paradise, the Billy Fury Story will be at the Royal Concert Hall on 11th October. Tickets £24. BTW, did I ever tell you......

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have seen Rolling Stones many times including at the park in London, Long John Baldry, Billy J Kramer, Amen Corner, Bill Haley & Comets, Gene Pitney, Dusty Springfield, The Animals, Small Faces,

Ian, for you and anyone else interested. We went to the Albert Hall and had a good night there. The hall was full and we sat way high in the top seats with excellent view of what was happening. Still

Two best ever gigs - Ian Dury at Rock City 1999 & Cream in the refectory at Nottingham Regional College of Technology early 1967. Same place for Jethro Tull. Once saw Tyrannosaurus Rex as a two ma

For those interested, Halfway To Paradise, the Billy Fury Story will be at the Royal Concert Hall on 11th October. Tickets £24. BTW, did I ever tell you......

Think that's the one my old mate Graham plays bass in. Will be seeing it in Liverpool.

First 'biggie' I saw in Nottm was Ray Charles, around 1962.

Through 60s I saw so many I've lost count.

Catfan. I saw Long John Baldry on one of the Boat Clubs. He was an early UK blues singer and worked with others including Alexis Korner's Blues Inc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_John_Baldry

Col

Seen him many times. An absolutely brilliant singer and a giant in the world of British Blues. The one in the early to mid 60's that every blues singer aspired to be.

Got many of his CD's too.

• Upvote 1

Me & a mate were returning from a day at Skeg on the train & I think it was ROT or Bingham where he boarded the same.

We had a brief chat & he said he was on his way to a club gig in Nottm.

Absolutely smashing bloke too.

Here you go Catfan.

One from the first LP I ever bought. Long John sang this and a couple of others on this classic album. The other vocals were by Cyril Davis who died shortly after from leukaemia.

Col

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Still the most technically proficient guitarist on the planet, although he does tend to drift off into his own little world at times.

Was definitely at his best when he had The Jeff Beck Group, with Rod & Ronnie.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, crankypig said:

GOING TO SEE JEFF BECK IN JUNE

5 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Still the most technically proficient guitarist on the planet, although he does tend to drift off into his own little world at times.

Was definitely at his best when he had The Jeff Beck Group, with Rod & Ronnie.

You might've seen it, or missed it, but there was a programme about Jeff Beck on BBC4 last week.  It's still on iPlayer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0b0g902/jeff-beck-still-on-the-run?suggid=b0b0g902

Thanks for reminding me CT. I was away last week.

Admiring Jeff Beck's versatility, a couple of years ago he played a tribute show to Les Paul at the NY Iridium club. Imelda May sang the Mary Ford parts. Also on the bill were Darrel Higham and Brian Spritzer, (Stray Kats). A good old jazzy/rockabilly night. I think it's on YT.

Seen in Nottingham's theatres; Gene Vincent, Mark Knopfler, Shads, Tammy Wynette, Joe Brown, Cliff Richard, Marty Wilde, Everley Brothers.

Seen loads of artists, hundreds in 60s in all the fantastic venues we had in Nottingham, then since our return 14 years ago we’ve been to the Arena and RCH to see many artists that are still going plus a few of younger ones!

• Upvote 1

Likewise, Nottingham has always been great for music fans. The clubs of the 60's, various cinemas for the package tours. Pubs, parks , and of course Rock City.

I’ve never been to Rock City! Been in the building in the 70s, what was it called then? Heart of the Midlands or am I getting confused?

• Like 1

Yes, chicken & chips in a basket. Ugh ! The very thought of it makes me cringe !

• 3 months later...

I saw Gene Vincent,,Johnnie Kid and the pirates,,and the Vernon girls at the old Playhouse 1963 i think ?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Saw ELO at the Ice Stadium on Sunday and what a spectacular show it was. 13 musicians all in time playing all the greatest hits. 

Stand out tunes: 10358 Overture and Mr Blue Sky.

Did anyone else on here go to see them?

• Upvote 2