• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Slight improvement Dave thanks. not going to be quick. Going to see the nurse tomorrow, Mrs C has managed to borrow a wheelchair to get me about, then the fun should really start. ! Sue has never driv

#28 IF i was young again and out on the pull,and saw most of the girls in town at night,i would run amile

A Big Mac and Fries can be the nearest thing to heaven on a long car journey when you’re really hungry -so yes, about once a year!

Whilst I wouldn't condone feeding children a diet of rubbish, and there do seem to be more 'Fat Kids', I'm pretty sure it goes a bit deeper.  I reckon we can all daily see people who are painfully thin or more 'plump'.  I dont think that's changed much over my 68 years.

My wife tends towards 'plump', though she eats no more than me.

I'm basically slim, but with a 'beer belly', which is probably not a beer belly because it seems Brew has one too and he doesn't drink...  :)

I have two daughters. The youngest is a slim 'pear shape'.  The oldest is married, registered blind, Asthmatic, a Mum of two and works full time. She has struggled with her weight since childhood, but visits the Gym regularly, has done two London Marathons and countless Manchester 10K's

Go figure...  As they say.

Col

• Like 3

The poor little darlings need to get more excersise instead of sitting in front of a  computer or similar, I know it's a worry for parents to let their children play out unsupervised but there are organised places for football,cycling,gym all sorts of physical activities, not mant of our generation were overweight then again there wasn't the fast food outlets or the money.I can't see todays young people surviving on a packet of sweets on spending money day and running around chasing a ball or each other for the rest of the time, also take into account the amount of "homework" the young people have these days,the schools are hardly encouraging playing out after school time

Rog

• Like 1

I'm afraid I often wonder if having two obese parents has any bearing on whether or not their offspring will be obese. 

I've seen many obese families with very young obese children, and assume it's in the parents genes, as the kids can't have been subjected to endless amounts of junk food. However, I then see young school kids having their tea in various establishments after being collected from school , and it invariably consists of chips, burgers, pizzas, giant sausage rolls or pasties, and wonder if they've ever seen a salad, or green veg.

• Like 1

I think the excessive junk food diet for kids start at a very  early age.

How many times have I heard parents blackmailing kids to behave or they won't go to their favourite junk food establishment.

It's about time the law was changed on kids being allowed in pubs to eat.

50 minutes ago, catfan said:

I think the excessive junk food diet for kids start at a very  early age.

How many times have I heard parents blackmailing kids to behave or they won't go to their favourite junk food establishment.

It's about time the law was changed on kids being allowed in pubs to eat.

It’s about time the law was changed on kids being allowed to eat.

• Like 1

Sometimes I enjoy a Big Mac and Fries.  The last time was I think about 2/3 years ago when I took myself off to Warrington by bus looking for a new watch. It was an all day job and I got hungry..  :) I suppose it's like anything else.  Moderation.  My youngest mostly seems to live on what she calls 'clean' food.  She likes Sushi (  Yeeaauurgghhhh!! :Shock:) and salads... fresh Salmon and Asparagus.. you know..  everyday stuff... ;) . But she also has the odd trip to Mac Do's or wherever.

My Grandkids get to go to MacDonald's occasionally.  Moderation again.  I was very surprised how quickly and easily both of them took to 'proper' food.  Both of them will happily sit and eat salad stuff, fresh fruit etc. They even eat their Sprouts and Broccoli  !!

I've only had three Mac's or thereabouts in my life. I much prefer KFC nuggets and fries, and then only about twice a year. 

When on a long drive, I invariably look out for signs that say 'CREAM TEAS". Mmmmm wonderful !

5 hours ago, denshaw said:

Just checked my BMI, my weight is just right but I should be 6 ft 10. 

I checked mine recently on a chart in QMC.  I should be 2 stone heavier than I am!  No thanks, I agree I need to put a bit of weight on since undergoing surgery in the Summer but  I wasn’t even that heavy when I was pregnant .......

Maybe more cappuccinos needed Lizzie. 

Oh Lord, you'll be having tattoos, piercings and frequenting Greggs next !

16 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Oh Lord, you'll be having tattoos, piercings and frequenting Greggs next !

And what's wrong with that, I might ask.  Not that I've ever been in a Gregg's!

Just another step on the downward spiral Margie. Yes, tongue in cheek again !

• Like 1
3 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Eyeup Mick.  How are you doing now?

Slight improvement Dave thanks. not going to be quick. Going to see the nurse tomorrow, Mrs C has managed to borrow a wheelchair to get me about, then the fun should really start. ! Sue has never driven any vehicle in her life !

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1